Freerolls

L

Leftz500

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Why do people jam all in constantly pre flop with bad hands just to play bi bingo and hope to get a big stack early when there chance is less than 30% at best

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips

It is very common to see this in freerolls, perhaps because there is no risk in registration. But you have to take advantage of this situation by being patient

gloemcesar

gloemcesar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CL
Chips
Hi there

They play bingo in freerolls couse dont have a strategy at all:icon_joke. if they get lucky and get a big stack they are going to loose later when the game get tight up in the final 50 or moreless and only the ones with a strategy will get it trought.

phoenixKK

phoenixKK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
These crazy players don't last long in a tournament.It's sad but unfortunatly this happens all the time in freerolls.

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have noticed this a lot on ACR. They shove any hand try and double up or treble up then just sit out :(

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is a percentage of people, who come in to have fun, no matter, how they play) + freerolls are huge tournaments with a lot of players and each tournament will always have crazy players against whom it is impossible to play smart (build tactics, strategy), you will be forced to play preflop all-in, so many players try to immediately multiply the pot to sit out the beginning and try to survive in the middle, this is one of the best tactics :). In general, in freerolls, you need to immediately multiply your bank to have a chance to get into the money, this is not the best strategy, but she has a place for life ))

B

BIGAUS

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you kinda answered your own question here. And like everyone else stated, no risk/cost = no rules on how to play. Even later in a tournament as you start to get closer to ITM, since there was no buy-in, people can still feel comfortable playing more aggressive in hopes of building up a big stack or bluffing for fun because they can.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
because they have such a freeroll strategy and this tournament is not important for them, they just want to double up the stack and only then continue playing. This behavior is not respectful for other freeroll players, to my mind

Banjois

Banjois

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You have to be patient through the first few levels, and not do anything crazy preflop. All the bingo players then become serious cash cows once things settle down a bit....

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Why do people jam all in constantly pre flop with bad hands just to play bi bingo and hope to get a big stack early when there chance is less than 30% at best

The most common reasons are probably:

A) They value their time, so rather than spending an hour or more and perhaps still not cash, they prefer to adopt a "go strong or go home" strategy. This will net them less money per freeroll but more money per hour.

B) They are just gamblers looking for free fun and entertainment. Maybe they enjoy putting other people on tilt, when they crack their AK with 72 offsuit.

I rarely play freerolls any more, but when I occationally do, I am certainly a bit in the A) camp. If a spot is any kind of close or even slightly negative EV, then the chips are going in, and come what may. I am not the person sitting and making a nitty fold preflop with AQ, if its a freeroll.

R

rodrigonc340

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it is very common not only in freerolls but also in micro tournaments. what makes me angry is that my EV is nil against them, I always lose at the table

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think they enter because it's free, they don't want to play, only if they're lucky enough to collect a lot of chips...

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have always thought that it is because they are not investing money, only time, and if they are eliminated in the tournament they only lose time, they may also do it to annoy, they do not know how to play or some will simply say: ok they all do it, I will also To play like this, you have to look for a group of players who do that and ask them directly: what do they think when they bet everything like this

S

SvetRusLove

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
1) because the entry is free
2) many people is a newbie players who don't even care about how to play
3) the prizes in freerolls are usually small and people don't want to waste so much time on them so they start to play double-or-nothing strategy from the beginning. Often happens, when a player have to go - for the work, for example, so can't play the whole tourney - and in this case there are only 2 chances: get doubled and maybe get ITM or just get out.
4) the amount of freebies is enough to don't care about losing, if you lose one then start playing another one
5) a player just wants to entertain and does not care about the results
6) there are another tables where the entry is not free.

R

rachelle2291

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since it is a freeroll there is no downside to entering even if they have limited time to play. Maybe they have 10 minutes to play and then have to go pick up kids at grandparents for example and they will be back in an hour. So they go all in in the hopes of doubling or tripling up so they have some chips left when they get back.

Freeroll Passwords