freeroll strategy

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My strategy is usually to be patient and wait for premium hands. The only problem is when opponent calls, the weaker hand wins.

As well blinds increase fast so being patient can only take you so far.

57noona

57noona

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think it is good to wait for a good and push all in with it if you have a lot of loose players at your table. I only want one or two of them calling me with my hand though.

S

Sisyphus

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
very aggressive right from start - payout is low for time invested so build quick or move on

Last edited by a moderator:
B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to play slow but as game goes on have to become more aggressive

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
actively steal the blinds and aggressively play in positions avoiding a lot of opponents in the bank

grumblbrumbl

grumblbrumbl

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that in freerolls and microlimit best play push / fold. It is difficult to play hands against idiots who do not understand the meaning of poker.

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
888 freerolls are very difficult to win a good prize. always cents. At the beginning of the game you definitely need to increase the big stack. otherwise they will kill

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go all-in, win a nice stack, then play tight like a real tournament.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Strategy is very simple, it is necessary to wait for the good card. If it is stupid to go for broke, you will take off much more often. I at the beginning always so played, but for quite some time now began to play taytovy, even to get to prizes became not a problem now. You should not invent any syllogisms in frirolls. Or there are a card and a table, or is not present.

MrFladder

MrFladder

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
For me it works to play tight in the beginning en loosen up when the tourney progresses.

K

kdawg71

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How many big blinds I have dictates to me the style that I play. How fast the blinds go up also help dictate to me the style of poker that I play. If I start out with 150 or more big blinds than I will play more hands depending on other scenarios at the table. If I am playing a super turbo tournament I tend to play a more aggressive style.

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you think, what is the best strategy to play freerolls

I think there are quite a few threads with questions more or less like this one about freerolls. It's really a matter of choice. I gave up freerolls a long time ago, not because i didn't like them, but because of the time i use to invest. 2k->10k player freerolls are very hard to cash in, and assuming you survive, you will most likely devote a few good hours, with potentially the same result over and over again, like being busted before you're ITM.

Don't know about 888, since i can't play in my country, but pokerstars has SNG's starting at 0.10$ (forget the 0.02$ it's worse than a freeroll). With a 10$ min deposit (not looking to advertise) you can play 100 of those, time better invested, than in freerolls which you have way lower chances to actually make a profit. Restricted freerolls however, like the ones provided by CardsChat, are a different story. Not every hillbilly with $$ signs in their eyes get in, and if you play it cool, there are very big chances to hit the money.

As per strategy, if you're bent on playing freerolls anyway, i would recommend being tight early in the tournament until hasty people and allin-ers "pass out", and then try to build your way up. Good luck.

igrok8503

igrok8503

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's all very simple, if they give you normal cards, then you can push the opps, and you have to survive when there are no cards. On several 888 frihah I got for the final player, on PatPoker too a couple of times (BankrollMobbs 250). But BankrollMobs and PatPoker made this tournament paid. This is no longer a freeroll. But for beginners who want to build a bankroll from scratch, this is the best freerolls. I myself so unfold from scratch. Of course, I play SnG and satellite as well, but not so successfully, and thanks to the freerolls, the deposit is being restored.