Folding QQ At Final Table

C

cleiton1988

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you can tell us or show all the story because we dont know why he fold a stong hand;maybe he wasnt in good position

S

stefffan1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost a lot of hands with QQ so , I guess if someone would bet a lot of money I'd fold QQ too. It's pretty risky. But mostly I play it really aggresive so I can freak out the other players and win a lot of money.

muckaveli

muckaveli

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll not fold even i lost a lot of hand with queens , but ill go to play even opponent goes all in , after all in queens i see a good hand for double , maybe 10-15 BB and maybe ill go out :) I want to play pairs in my hand , yesterday 2 tables only by 6 so 12 people on tour , deals 66 for me and KK for opponent , flop 2c ,6q ,Kd on the turn he raises for pot and i call , then on turn gives Qc , he raises before Flop me reraise to all in , he called and collect me. At that time i was 5th place. I pay to see the flop because he raised , and that 6 gives me wings , but opponent cut me very fast :)

This post confused the shit out of me. :confused:

iDONK

RichL

RichL

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you can make more money than you've ever made previously just by waiting for a very short stack to get knocked out and moving one more place up the money ladder, then I can see a motive for that. It's a cautious way to play but has its rewards.

natsgrampy

natsgrampy

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
With Q,Q pre-flop, and no action before, I don't see any reason why anyone wouldn't at least min -raise. At this point there are only 2 hands that have you beat.

You can sit and wait for the short stacks to get knocked out and move up in the money, or, knock them out yourself and potentially win the whole thing. You can't win a hand without being in it.

Not sure what happened before the final table, but, this player had to get involved in some hands to get where they were. Why play so sheepish now when the real money is on the line.

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i cant see how folding qq with no action before 7 handed can ever be considered a good play, unless you just want to sit and try and wait out the shorter stacks, if your aim is to win then its a bad play no matter how you look at it

R

RaisingYa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really depends on the situation. When, the orginal poster didn't provide enough details to make sense of the situation. I think in several cases folding QQ may be the correct move. I wonder if the guy folding here was able to go further in the tournament. Sometimes you just have to go with your gut on these things when so much money is at stake.

P

pokerfreak56

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
therer are some pros out there who once reach final table deliberately tighten up ,happy to cash in 4th or 5th still winning good money rather than risk busting out early on final table.heck do it myself and sometimes you land lucky when you do go all in.,when no other option.

Folding in Poker