siberianspecial

siberianspecial

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It depends on the value of the tournament, if it's a big prize, I'll definitely fold, but if it's a smaller tournament, then I play normally.

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've folded several premium hands on the bubble. AK for sure and any and all pocket pairs except AA.

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
no, unless its a satellite and you have enough chips to win, folding aces preflop is almost always a bad move ( unless at least 4 other players shove preflop before you)

85champ07

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Umm no, not as a chip leader. But one time it did bite me in the ass. I had like 65000 chips, my opponent with like 63000. We are on the bubble I have AA and they had QQ. They go all in, I call, I lose, and now I am ready looking at my life decisions hahaha. This is not going to happen very often but when it does watch your stack size. Someday I may be in that position again and if I ever fold AA on the bubble I will let you know.

CheckDisOut

CheckDisOut

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many possible scenarios for this, one example: you are chip leader by small amount and on your turn you need to decide whether call three all ins.

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi all , like someone mentioned above, the only time you can consider folding in that position is if there are stacks that can hurt you, say who have maybe 70% or so of your chip count, otherwise if they have 60% or less it's an easy call or re-jam all day imo, even if I lose the hand, have close to half the chips I had as chip leader , plus more importantly my image will be strengthened one way or another, it may unbalance the other players in future when I make big raises to imagine that perhaps I'm steaming etc... so all good for image building too :)

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Do you consider an AA fold pre-flop in an FT bubble being chip leader?
No way! im in a tournament to win it. If I have positive EV I am going for it. Build up my chip lead and win it all.

pasha poltava

pasha poltava

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
of course not, show me a person who can do it

davidkimtai89

davidkimtai89

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i All in and win a lucky pot ,

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
folding AA only makes sense if it's a satellite bubble and we have a passing stack, otherwise we always play this hand

W

wvielmo

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
AA is the best hand pre-flop, you will always play aggressively, making the other players fold and reduce the chances of worse hands beating yours.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never in my life !
What cards should I play with then, if I throw out pocket aces on the preflop?))

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
folding AA only makes sense if it's a satellite bubble and we have a passing stack, otherwise we always play this hand
Folding AA never makes sense. It only makes sense if you leave poker for good.

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't see it right, and if I were short I would go all in. The most likely is that I win the blinds or a single opponent would make me call.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Smetimes AK or JJ being short like 19bb 2 or 4 players to itm but AA never my friend . Any player likes to play AA but you hav to admit may the 20 or 15 % gonna catch sometimes his cards but AA being chipleader never folding.

P

pauloandre100

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never fold AA on the tournament bubble. Only exception is if it is satellite.

nasty bent gorilla

nasty bent gorilla

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
In the long run you should not be afraid of making correct decisions on the bubble. Unless you have specific reason, don't be afraid of dying in poker.

reraee1

reraee1

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
You can throw it off!
if you're very unlucky
or it's just not your day

T

To6Po6

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
This is not an option.You have the best hand in the game!

WickedFRoST

WickedFRoST

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only if it is a bubble of a sattelite. Basically if you are chipleading on the bubble of a satellite, this literally means you have 99.9% of winning a ticket. While entering a pot with AA gives you a maximum of 92% chance of wining the hand, and usually its less than that. Hence there is an absolutely logical reason to fold your AA preflop in this situation.

But other than that, I cannot really imagine a situation where folding AA would be good preflop.

A

Axmanace

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only time I’d ever consider folding AA ever is if there are 3+ other people in the pot.

And even then…. I don’t want to fold.

Folding in Poker