Fold AA KK to Satellite

X

xtachyonx

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree with those that say they will shove pf. We are talking about the end stages of a satellite. The top players are vying for a seat, not first place. Why are you risking a seat that is nearly guaranteed with just 2 people left to go? It's not like you are awarded cash or even a trophy for first place, you entered the satellite to win the seat. You are positioned to do just that if you just fold your hands and let the short stacks fight it out. It sounds to me like some of you get married to your hands and not pay attention to the finer details and logic.

This is what I would have exactly said.

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As said: snapfold.... if you can't do that easily stand up and go shopping.

Don't be irritated - I've done this misstake myself in the past....

cha4zz

cha4zz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You should autofold any hand if the large stack is pushing you all in in my opinion.

However, if a smallstack pushes and you wind up with AA i'd be calling 100% of the time. Someone has to knock the shortstack out, and with AA your always going to be at least 70%+ favourite. I can't see why you'd fold in that position, but any other hand, and AA to anyone who is similar stack size to you or much larger, and its autofold.

S

sasquatch01

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would call if the short stacked went allin but the chip leader i would fold the reason is the chip leader can take u out and u can take the short stack out but if he wins u are still in the game and u can build back up but u cant if ur out

larry4896

larry4896

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy fold, with only 2 spots to the prize why risk your chips? At a different time in the touney it's another story.

doops

doops

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't agree with those that say they will shove pf. We are talking about the end stages of a satellite. The top players are vying for a seat, not first place. Why are you risking a seat that is nearly guaranteed with just 2 people left to go? It's not like you are awarded cash or even a trophy for first place, you entered the satellite to win the seat. You are positioned to do just that if you just fold your hands and let the short stacks fight it out. It sounds to me like some of you get married to your hands and not pay attention to the finer details and logic.

Exactly. The question here is whether you stay focussed on the prize -- a seat. There is no need to risk a chip if someone or a few someones are pretty much certain to bust out in the next few hands, thus getting you to your goal. A sat is a different game than a regular tourney. Don't get confused.

Of course, if you have AA or KK in the BB and a very very short stack has shoved and the loss of the hand will not harm you or risk you getting to your goal, and you are sure to be HU against the very short stack, then, by all means, call his allin.

I have played AA or KK on the bubble in a sat, usually against a stack that could put a dent in my own decent stack, and then he gets his miracle cards, and then other short stacks get their miracles, and the blind goes up and hits me hard, and suddenly I am fighting to keep that seat that, a few hands ago, was a sure thing. Sometimes I have not made the cut. Been there, done that. I am done kicking myself for playing when I didn't have to.

Keep your eye on the ball. Or don't, and risk getting nothing in a situation where you were pretty much guaranteed to get to your goal. And, if you don't want to keep your eye on the prize, please join any sat I am in. I am grateful to have such players make sure I get my seat. You may not care, but I sure do.

I

IhateRiver

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this was the most disappointing game, i've ever played.
4,8 cash game, had AA's.
I raise, another guy raise me back, who was holding KK's.
so it was cap pre-flop which is $16 to see flop.
flop was 10,6,J. I check, KK's bet, so I raise, and raise, raise...
so another $16 to see turn, still 5 players remain.
turn card was 4. again i check and raise, and raise, raise...
this time $32 to see river, 3 players remain.
river card was 2. this time i bet, and suddenly other guy raise.
just called, he showed 6,2 off.

5TR8 FLUSH

5TR8 FLUSH

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I think this was the most disappointing game, i've ever played.
4,8 cash game, had AA's.
I raise, another guy raise me back, who was holding KK's.
so it was cap pre-flop which is $16 to see flop.
flop was 10,6,J. I check, KK's bet, so I raise, and raise, raise...
so another $16 to see turn, still 5 players remain.
turn card was 4. again i check and raise, and raise, raise...
this time $32 to see river, 3 players remain.
river card was 2. this time i bet, and suddenly other guy raise.
just called, he showed 6,2 off.

If that where to happen to me, I would of destroyed my PC LOL. :eek:
I thought this stuff only happened on play money tables, I can't even wonder what that guy with the 6 2o was thinking about calling pre-flop and on the flop w/ bottom pair. He should of been out by the turn, but I guess everywhere you go there will be idiots, donks and what ever else you call terrible players. :mad:

Last edited:
StormRaven

StormRaven

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. The question here is whether you stay focussed on the prize -- a seat. There is no need to risk a chip if someone or a few someones are pretty much certain to bust out in the next few hands, thus getting you to your goal. A sat is a different game than a regular tourney. Don't get confused.

Of course, if you have AA or KK in the BB and a very very short stack has shoved and the loss of the hand will not harm you or risk you getting to your goal, and you are sure to be HU against the very short stack, then, by all means, call his allin.

I have played AA or KK on the bubble in a sat, usually against a stack that could put a dent in my own decent stack, and then he gets his miracle cards, and then other short stacks get their miracles, and the blind goes up and hits me hard, and suddenly I am fighting to keep that seat that, a few hands ago, was a sure thing. Sometimes I have not made the cut. Been there, done that. I am done kicking myself for playing when I didn't have to.

Keep your eye on the ball. Or don't, and risk getting nothing in a situation where you were pretty much guaranteed to get to your goal. And, if you don't want to keep your eye on the prize, please join any sat I am in. I am grateful to have such players make sure I get my seat. You may not care, but I sure do.

Well put. I was too lazy to go into all the other finer details, you've managed it well.

D

DrMarcelo55

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depend the moment and the circunstances.. But in your situation if one player have aproximately ur number of chips and he goes all in u would make the call?? In my opinion i would fold AA or KK in that situation

Folding in Poker Poker Tells