weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
hi everyone , so you are facing a min raise , both have similar deep stacks , you got a good read on your opponent and you know you got a better hand and know he would call a shove with that hand , is it best to gamble for a double up knowing you are ahead and get full value from him ( he is the type to miss the flop and insta fold ) , or flat see the flop and make plays depending on it ? what is the correct play knowing these informations ? thanks in advance for your share and help :D

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It’s difficult to say without knowing you’re hand strength. If you have a hand like 22-55 I flat and see what developes on the flop. 66-88 I compare it to his range. Do he have a lot of low suited connectors or Ace high wheel hands. If so I jam if not I flat. Anything higher obviously I jam. If you’re talking Broadway cards I jam ATo+ And KJs+ I flat everything else. If you’re jamming wider it will be to lose. You can work a few other combinations in there. If you talking about at the bubble or a big pay jump I’m going to flat a ton of my range considering it’s so easy to outplay villain post flop

Dchoyt82

Dchoyt82

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi everyone , so you are facing a min raise , both have similar deep stacks , you got a good read on your opponent and you know you got a better hand and know he would call a shove with that hand , is it best to gamble for a double up knowing you are ahead and get full value from him ( he is the type to miss the flop and insta fold ) , or flat see the flop and make plays depending on it ? what is the correct play knowing these informations ? thanks in advance for your share and help :D

Brother, just know that there's a time and place for everything.

What's really important here is
A. What position you're in at the table
B. What stage of the tournament are you at

I myself like to see flops and believe I can outplay my opponents after the flop.

I also like flatting because it's less risk, and honestly the less risk you take the longer your tournament life, but also keep in mind no risk no reward.

If you feel your opponent has an edge on you, you're better off shoving and flipping a coin!

J

jadestem

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With deep stacks I would flat, especially if he is fit or fold as you describe. No need to risk your entire stack. Even if you have AKs and he has 72o, he is going to win almost 1 in 3 times if you go all in. Winning small pots to keep increasing your stack size is fine.

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Flat, flat, fold

To me, online play, the move here is Raise or fold especially in a tournament. calling here could allow the opponent to catch but I understand your analogy. It's just my style of play. It is a smart move to flat to see the flop but you lose an opportunity to get more money in the pot. Just me, thanks.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What I do would depend on the strength of my opponent and my position. With a weaker opponent or with position I favor calling and outplaying post-flop. With strong opponents and without position I favor getting the money in now.

pabloT

pabloT

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if I know I am winning and he would pay a raise the shove is better.