Final table head to head

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok how would you play this hand ? At the final table and I grinded the my short stack to heads ups. The problem now I am up against a good player who has 80% of the chips in play leaving me just 13 BB's. 1st hand BB I have KQos and he raises and I elected to reraise all in . Question - would you just call here or shove like I did ?

T

Tatomircg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok how would you play this hand ? At the final table and I grinded the my short stack to heads ups. The problem now I am up against a good player who has 80% of the chips in play leaving me just 13 BB's. 1st hand BB I have KQos and he raises and I elected to reraise all in . Question - would you just call here or shove like I did ?
donno what shove means...but i wouldn t goall in exactly at first hand

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes this seems like an easy shove unless you know something about how the villain plays heads up.

Nelson1712

Nelson1712

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually go all in and try to double my stack, once I have achieved that I play with the flop to try to dominate the HU.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is a pretty quiet all in, with that hand in heads up you have to know that he is playing 70 percent of his range then it is all in direct yes

M

mrbond8844

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the final table is where you have to pay the most attention to your opponents, you always should be but at this point is most important, try not to go all in until you've seen the river.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
With this position of the stack and the cards, obviously, you need to go allin. The opponent calls and getting any pair will make you a raise. And you just have to fold. In this case, your stack will be even smaller and it is not known what kind of card you will get next.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you had on 13 BB so it's nice to have made all in even if it was the first hand

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
with those cards I play all in to try to double my stack, I'm a bit more selective and aggressive, sometimes it works

N

Nikolai Mozgovoi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i think that headsup is like a lottery..

dbchristy

dbchristy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You cant show fear, and with that hand a shove is most def.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
KQ heads up is a better than average hand here. Yes you are behind any pair or ace but you most likely have 40% equity here. There are also a lot of king or queen hands he could have you are dominating and being heads up could have a lot of worse hands than you. I would shove all in here every time unless he is one heck of a nit player and I doubt this guy is.

M

Moonman610

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
depends

At that point its really just looking for a coin flip that benefits you....
Its either in the cards or its not. In Big tourney play I find you always have to win the important coin flips regardless.... you can play a great game up and down... Lose one key coin flip...youre either out or back against a HUGE wall.
You made the right move IMO

P

popstani

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah, definitely all in, only one who dares -wins

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi there. I would have done exactly what you did. You only have 13 BB's, and you have a really good hand considering it's head's up. You obviously want to double up, and with him already raising you, he is most likely gonna call your shove because it's not much more. I hope this helps, and take care :cool:

abzdolc

abzdolc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess he'll give you more money in bluffs , than just all in. And if he calls, you will not have more than 55 % , on my opinion. He risks less anyway

W

Wanderluster

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious though, isn't 13BBs enough room to wait for something better? Assuming he isn't raising preflop every hand. If he raises preflop every hand, then it would probably be worth a shot to shove since he is probably bullying with the larger stack.
Thoughts anyone?

jkgotsit

jkgotsit

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HU Final table

You want to be paying close attention to the other 8 players at your finial table! Very important most tourney players lack the skill of the short handed table your range should slowly widen as each player is eliminated.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if youre HUs then 13bb goes right in the center regardless if Im RRAI or Opening SHOVE - for people wanting you to wait to a better spot and when exactly is that, when you get AA with 1bb nah SHOVE THIS NOW and take the double up

Minus272c

Minus272c

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm curious though, isn't 13BBs enough room to wait for something better? Assuming he isn't raising preflop every hand. If he raises preflop every hand, then it would probably be worth a shot to shove since he is probably bullying with the larger stack.
Thoughts anyone?

In my opinion KQ is more than valid to shove in preflop with 13bb.
I would do so with any 2 painted cards, any Ax any pair.

If you decide to lay down KQ to get a better hand, you might be blinded down
to 6 bb and then you flip to get back to 13bb, a flip you also might loose.

I say, go for the flips at that point if you have an above average hand
Go for the win :cool:

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I'm not an expert and I do not have much experience in the HU but I think those cards are ideal to try to double the stack you have, I think you should push to achieve something

P

Principg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This would be clear shove for me. You are having only 13 bbs, u don't have enough chips to play post-flop. It's either fold are shove; in this situatuion we are talking about shove.

godblessiraq

godblessiraq

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Easy shove for me. If you call and have to fold, you’re gonna be faced with shoving a much worse hand more than likely.

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a heads-up and you have KQ, I think your re-raise is not so bad.

dcmaclout

dcmaclout

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the truth would call nothing else since it is obvious that he has a better hand than yours to have to call wait flop