Final table

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It sounds like you might have been better off just getting up and leave your seat sitting out.

On a relatively full table, let us say 7-9 players, it is often not the end of the world to miss 5-10 minutes of action, unless you are sitting on a short stack. If its the beginning of the final table, its also often a situation, where some short stacks are running of fumes, since people tend to be overly concerned with reaching the final table. Sitting out prevent you from committing ICM-suicide, and with a bit of luck the short stacks are already gone, when you come back. Not the ideal strategy of course, but better than dusting off your stack, because you are overly tired :)

Edgaras1982

Edgaras1982

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I am trying not to bleff, and wait for a good hands on final table, or playing from possision button, or small blind and big blind battle.

B

BDR-83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You’re not the only one. I am also very tired when reaching the final table but my fatigue is more related to the fact that tournaments in which I play start late at night and end in the morning it is not convenient.

nurjemal

nurjemal

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
get into the final nine
this is called victory

E

EvandroGatti

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being a big stack, you can put pressure on all players, but your main goal should be medium stacks, since the risk to reward ratio for them at this stage is skewed towards risk, and in some situations they may have “hands tied”. Doubling does not double their equity in the tournament, while a departure from the tournament, when there are three or four shorter stacks left after them, costs them a lot of money. Therefore, in order to take risks, they need to be significantly ahead. Coinflip ICM exposure at this stage is close to suicide for them.Medium Stack StrategyBeing a medium stack, your goal, of course, is to fill a large stack! Now that we have stated the obvious, the key question is how to do this. Attack those who are in the same situation as you. As mentioned above, their hands are also tied.Short Stack Strategy To get back on track, with a short stack on the final table, you need to take risks. Since you have almost nothing to lose, you can feel comfortable taking these risks, but you still should not be foolish.

Great explanation!!

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not get tired getting into the final. I think you need to learn how to play at the final table. Maybe unnecessary excitement is bothering you. I personally try to watch the flop less at the final table and filter the card more.