All the cool kids are doing it.

33-1.gif

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try playing Razz and Stud 8 at the same time.

:eek:

4 tabling 8-game is fun, especially when the starting times are staggered! Just make sure you know when the games switch or you'll get caught capping every street with A6432xx in Stud (as opposed to razz) :p

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feb goals:

1. Maintain platinum status
2. Improve on January $/hour through optimizing # of tables played as well as stakes played for DoNs
3. Work out the 2.5bb-3bb steal / open shove steal / resteal math at 25/50 and 50/100 blind levels and find optimal ranges against the 3 primary villain types
4. Get more than 10 points in the league games for my team

Progress check:

So I'm pretty much going to fail miserably in goals 1-2 cause my motivation to grind this month has been nonexistent along with big time run bad. Let's add a late month goal of getting in 600 games in the last 6 days so I can at least reach a respectable volume total.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok I tried four tables last night when I was tired and coped with them well untill I just spewed and lost the fold button so I shook my self and cashed in one at least. Still lagged from the flight back home and made a mistake playing when tired so tonight will hopeflly be the night I can start playing.

As I am disabled and dont work right now I have a lot of free time so I am gonna try put some major volume in and get a proper roll going do some HH studying read some books etc.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
4 tabling 8-game is fun, especially when the starting times are staggered! Just make sure you know when the games switch or you'll get caught capping every street with A6432xx in Stud (as opposed to razz) :p

I love watching the people get into a raising war with an obviously made boat during the Razz portion. :D

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love watching the people get into a raising war with an obviously made boat during the Razz portion. :D

I can just about play hold em lol is there many razz games going over the sites? Once I get used to holdem I wouldnt mind learning the other games.

started 4 tabling today and went a bit wobbly but brought it back to even going to eat and play some more, really enjoying poker right now.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We have a special heads-up Razz event this weekend - if that doesn't make you want to hang yourself nothing will lol.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We have a special heads-up Razz event this weekend - if that doesn't make you want to hang yourself nothing will lol.

hahahaha maybe I shall watch see how its played.

I currently am on a playing kick instead of spending all day reading cards chat I am actually gonna put some volume in and try to get somewhere, btw Dakota really liked your last few blogs the poker hurts my feelings one I really identify with lol.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Today didnt go so well I played ok but made a few mistakes but also had a few suckouts including 2 houses getting beat by higher ones (after the money got in too grr lol) down 6 buy-ins over 20 odd games which isnt good at all see how tomorrow goes hope every one doing well on the felts.......

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Good and bad news:

good - have $100 bonus to clear at Full Tilt

bad - I really hate multi-tabling sng's at FT because they are way too fast and you have to click that damn annoying as hell timer button for extra time

good - the play really is a lot softer at FT than PS, such a shame

good - had a good night there

bad - I really really hate playing there lol

Also some of you need to join this:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...chat-team-league-sign-ups-171345/#post1416358

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm only at the 80 game mark with just a few days left in the month so my volume target is totally shot. Still showing profit for the month though, have been having success five-tabling and did a quick session this morning playing six so at least it's not a total loss.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people feel about multi-tabling different size sngs at the same time, would it be better to stick at one kind?

i dont think it really matters too much, the strat should be the same.. only thing is you may have to adjust to more regs at higher levels and also keep track of more players... i dont think its a hugely good idea. but if you played a 16 and a 27 they are quite similar...

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good and bad news:

good - have $100 bonus to clear at Full Tilt

bad - I really hate multi-tabling sng's at FT because they are way too fast and you have to click that damn annoying as hell timer button for extra time

good - the play really is a lot softer at FT than PS, such a shame

good - had a good night there

bad - I really really hate playing there lol

Also some of you need to join this:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/car...chat-team-league-sign-ups-171345/#post1416358

at the lower levels the pokerstars rake is much beter than FT so you have more regs.. while the higer stakes sng a i feel softer at lower on FT but once you start playing over 30's they are actually full of regs.. its

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a long spell of not playing poker.. i finally started again.. playing real low stakes of 3.40 10 man turbos.. played just the 100 sng this week roi of around 19% cashing in 40 %.. i have noticed that there are more frequent regulars than last time i played (a year ago) but still building a nice bankroll that hopefully in the next few months ill progress to the 6.50 turbos... we shall see. :D good to be back in the sng swing of things though..

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
February's done and dusted for me, so to review:

1 - Play at least 200 STTs: Nope - only managed 96. But then I knew Mass Effect 2 was gonna make a mess of my volume...
2 - Try to add at least one more table (four-tabling at the moment): Yep. Comfortably playing five and experimenting with six now.
3 - Profit: Yep, $83.77 to the good.

Onwards to March.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Feb goals:

1. Maintain platinum status
2. Improve on January $/hour through optimizing # of tables played as well as stakes played for DoNs
3. Work out the 2.5bb-3bb steal / open shove steal / resteal math at 25/50 and 50/100 blind levels and find optimal ranges against the 3 primary villain types
4. Get more than 10 points in the league games for my team

Umm... so February was pretty awful...

1. Fail
2. Fail, $5.61/hour vs $28.88/hour last month... lol...
3. Pass though I realized that in reality, playing an exploitable range based on the situation is more optimal in reality than an unexploitable range
4. Semi-Fail (2nd once but forgot one which is very -EV for the team)

DoNs for February. I played a few times when I was a bit tired and I didn't get nearly the volume I wanted to but overall, I just ran sick bad. I can only really hope to run better in March...

Attachments

• February DoNs.jpg
    February DoNs.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 23
Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
February Goals:
  1. Play 300 sng's. (played 442)
  2. Finish Phil Shaw's book. (have a few pages left)
  3. Have an ROI of at least 9%. (fail lol)
  4. Watch 2-3 videos a week. (did very good)
  5. Have 1-2 coaching lessons to stay focused and find leaks. (coach not available)
  6. Maintain silver start status. (done)
  7. Get caught up on personal projects so I can shoot for gold in March. (did good)
  8. Review games played daily in sng wizard. (fail)
Overall I am satisfied with the month. I finished down some but still up for the year. I should have shot for gold - it would have been easier than I thought.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Feb. Goals

Play as much as I can Could have played more
Post 4 hands Fail
Review games in SNGWIZ Fail
Enjoy the SNG League Success
Have a profitable live weekend at the local club during the Super Bowl games. Fail due to work

Played a few more tournaments this month so that ate into time for SNGs.

25 2/3 table SNGs for -7.31% ROI , 24% ITM
Online bankroll -$6.07
Live bankroll +$355

Worak

Worak

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well not everything sucked.

OK I am on it this month:

February Goals:
  1. Play 120+ MTTs/ 60+ STTs (2-4 tabling). lol fail - 40 MTTs /40 STTs
  2. Have an ROI at ~ 20+% :D. success 21.1 %
  3. Read some unread stuff sitting in the forums.
  4. Did it but always enough to read.
  5. Eat more meat. Can't remember - I think success.
  6. Lots of work to be done . Done
  7. See Number 5. Done - with more upcoming
  8. Study more and review ALOT of HEM filed hands. well - failed at alot but reviewed quite a view
  9. Review games played daily - after playing. Failed at looking at the winning games - should think about them too..:)
  10. Find a cheap coach or friends who coach me for free (public sweat session :eek:). fail - not really announced it though.
  11. Prepare home for baby part I. success. :)
  12. Get more sleep.:musicus:success (let some games pass before passing out :eek:)