$$$ February SNG Thread $$$

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not good like last month! I just can't get a good run started at all.

I feel like I suck lol.

W

WurlyQ

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not good like last month! I just can't get a good run started at all.

I feel like I suck lol.

Thats not good :( Seems like lots of people around me starting to run bad for some reason. Gotta keep up optimism!!

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK - just started my first session for the month, let's see how this goes...

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So I'm down two buy ins after my first dozen games, and it feels like tonight's gonna be one of those nights. AA or KK four times in about 15 minutes and every single time I've won nothing more than the blinds :rolleyes:

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The proof is in the pudding....

I have to start playing more at night and less during the day. My HEM stats are separate on my desktop and laptop (which I only use at night). The 2 graphs are soooo different - I kill the game at night and am at a loss during the day.

It sucks because I am free most of the day other than working here at CC or shopping. I try to at least be in the same room as Joe at night - so we watch tv and each have our laptops in there. I usually play 1 set of 4 games every night - sometimes I get in a few more. Last night Joe was out of town so I played 10 and cashed in 7 with a few of them 1rst places.

I am going to try 6 tabling 2 sets a night and see what happens. I can handle 6 tables - but I can't see them very good lol. My laptop has a 17' monitor and my desktop has a 23'. My vision sucks so seeing chip stacks can be a struggle. And the HUD stats get in the way too - I need to get someone to help me remove a couple - last time I tried it stayed the same no matter what I did.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm late.

January:
SNGs = the sucks.

February:
I didn't start playing SNGs in the early weeks. Maybe played a few and did bad. So, I played more MTTs, SNGs, shipped some cash to friends, etc...

Looking to get back to SNGs. Not doing so hot at normal/turbos so, I'm playing the super-turbos. Started playing yesterday and I'm doing fairly well.

Game: $1.50 + .20 6/9 max super turbos
Session: 19 games
Profit: $31.60

Of course, this is a tiny session but it's a great start and has really rebuilt my confidence in my game. Of course, I'm probably just running hot but I don't think it's all 100% hot/luck.

Here is my recent 8 games I've played. I really like these games because you can play a high volume in a short amount of time. I hope the rest of my sessions are as good as these...$16 profit in about an hour.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 130
P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bump. Still playing the $1.50 super turbos. Only added another 12 games since this post. ...Busy weekend. So far, so good. Up $45...

Thats all.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Breakeven over 110 games = sigh.

Methinks I'm not going to get anywhere near my volume target for the month, we'll see. After a couple of days I feel like I'm definitely back in the swing of things at least.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My month is not going great - but I am trying to hang in there. I don't have to worry about my volume because I won't be going for gold until next month. Though without trying it looks like I will be ridiculously close this month - so I probably should be giving it a go lol.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Have had little to no time to play this month. Too much work and then traveling with the kids. This week and next look like I may get some volume in. The few sessions I have had have been BAD so I'm a -80% ROI for the month :(

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Debi, how are you coming along with Phil Shaw's book?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am in the quiz section at the end - I really like that part of it too.

So almost done with it! Overall I think I learned more from Collin's book and think it is the best of the 2. But Phils' is good as well.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hope everyones month is improving, I am back playing poker for the first time in a while and my goals are simply to put volume in and try profit starting at the lowest level and to give Moshmans book a proper study and start Shaws book too, I know my game has leaks but I have made some profits in the past and am sitting with an 8% roi which can be improved if I work hard.

B

bobsay225

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made the switch from 6 max to fullring after studying moshmans book dropped to dollar games and am at 44.44 roi over small sample of 72 games see the advantages of playing tight now:rolleyes: loosening up later. I am going to wait till I have a solid roll of at least 50 buyins before moving up. Moshmans book talks about table and seat selection on what sites can you pick your seats so you can get passive aggressive players to ur right and left??

cjatud2012

cjatud2012

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Made the switch from 6 max to fullring after studying moshmans book dropped to dollar games and am at 44.44 roi over small sample of 72 games see the advantages of playing tight now:rolleyes: loosening up later. I am going to wait till I have a solid roll of at least 50 buyins before moving up. Moshmans book talks about table and seat selection on what sites can you pick your seats so you can get passive aggressive players to ur right and left??

I'm pretty sure bodog allows for seat selection in SNG's, and I know Full Tilt and pokerstars do not. I'm not sure of any other sites.

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does everybody here got wizhud? it's awesome!!! you can get a hud displayed when your using sngwiz. and it makes inporting hands from HEM super easy. you can filter for trouble spots(ie calling aipf on bubble w/10-12bbs) inport them to sng wiz and review. i havent got the full version yet but i'm getting it this week. the full version allows more stats displayed in the hud and also an easy way to inport hand onto holdem resources.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
does everybody here got wizhud? it's awesome!!! you can get a hud displayed when your using sngwiz. and it makes inporting hands from HEM super easy. you can filter for trouble spots(ie calling aipf on bubble w/10-12bbs) inport them to sng wiz and review. i havent got the full version yet but i'm getting it this week. the full version allows more stats displayed in the hud and also an easy way to inport hand onto holdem resources.

I've been having issues with mine and need to send Hood an email, but before it was the best $16 on poker I've spent.

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played 38 SNG's this year (not just Feb) and have a 50.14% ROI. :)

-Raymond

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people feel about multi-tabling different size sngs at the same time, would it be better to stick at one kind?

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I personally don't do well when mixing any kind of games when multi-tabling. I find I make a lot more errors and get confused about which table is which game.

Jillychemung

Jillychemung

Stacks & Stacks
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have any issues mixing 18/27 games. I can't play long enough sessions to mix in the 45's, 90's or 180s but I don't think I'd have issues with these either. If I do have time for a longer session I will play 4-5 18/27 games and add an MTT to the mix.

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the reply I am thinking of trying 9 and 18 man games from tomorrow when I am gonna start playing again.

zek

zek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played 38 SNG's this year (not just Feb) and have a 50.14% ROI. :)

A couple more second places and a CC FT sunday cash. Up to 56.80% ROI.

I get by far mostly 2nd place finishes and second place chops in my 18 seater SNG's.

It really isn't worth riskng a lot to go for first place when the 1st-4th place payouts are flat increments.

Happy with my 2010 bankroll management and to poke a little fun at that TV commercial "You don't have to risk big money to have big fun". :)

-Raymond

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How do people feel about multi-tabling different size sngs at the same time, would it be better to stick at one kind?

i tile 9 games at once. when i mix games i play 6 9man sngs and 3 27mans on the bottom row. as i get ko'ed out of the 27mans i keep filling them with 9man games. i also use the big blind stat in HEM it helps me keep in check.

gallopingael

gallopingael

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I personally don't do well when mixing any kind of games when multi-tabling. I find I make a lot more errors and get confused about which table is which game.

Try playing Razz and Stud 8 at the same time.

:eek: