Fast or slow tournaments?

iiHunt

iiHunt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I feel like turbos don't require as much skills as longer tournaments. There seems to be an All in for fold for more than 85% of turbos. Coin flips for days!

MediaBLITZ

MediaBLITZ

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
#4 - How quickly the blinds escalate (and how soon antes start) also plays a big part.

#3B - Starting blind size has the same impact (and can negate) a larger starting stack size.

And how the blinds escalate - do they double each time or are the increments gradually raised.

SBEP

SBEP

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Speed and ROI, speed always slower blinds, just in case i ran cold at the beginning of the tournament, and when i start picking up hands i play i take full advantage of that, u r on a roll, ROI the bigger the better, tougher opponents, but its the only way to get better at this game, by beating tougher opponents then u, its also good for your confidence.

dgospa

dgospa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Slower for sure, less coin flip situation, less maniacs..Just relax and take your time...:cool:

tbnldashik

tbnldashik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:deal: all in the mood! or until the time there is no quick and aggressive poker :mad:

C

Chipsteal_jj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer slow poker and small sized mtts. These tournaments have a good payout, require more skill and have less luck dependence.

3ccasd

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer fast tournaments, since they are very pleased to take away the blind

L

Lance Webster

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts