Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Today I would like to receive advice on playing Spin & Go. I usually take these factors into account:

Manage your chips wisely: In Spin & Go, prize structures are highly variable and depend on the multiplier chosen at the beginning of the tournament. This means that in most cases, only the winner takes home a substantial prize. Therefore, it's essential to manage your chips carefully. Don't rush into risky moves in the early hands. Instead, play conservatively at the beginning and be patient until the blinds increase. When the blinds are higher, you can start to be more aggressive.

Read your opponents: Reading your opponents is crucial in any form of poker, and Spin & Go is no exception. Observe your opponents' playing styles and look for patterns. Are they aggressive, passive, or unpredictable? When the blinds go up, do they become more conservative or more aggressive? Use this information to adjust your own strategy and make more informed decisions. Remember that in this game format, you may face different opponents in each tournament, so adaptability is key.

Master bankroll management: Proper bankroll management is essential for success in Spin & Go. Set a specific budget for these tournaments and make sure not to exceed it. Since variance is high in these tournaments, you may experience losing streaks. Avoid the temptation to try to recover your losses immediately by increasing your buy-ins. Instead, maintain a disciplined approach and stick to your bankroll management plan. This will help you maintain emotional control and avoid losing large amounts of money in a short period of time.

It's one of my favorite types of games, what do you think about it? I appreciate your comments.

nighton

nighton

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's a fun one.
It's fast but i dont think is the best way to make money in the game.
I usually prefer cash but that's my humble opinion.

B

babatunde

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
NO
Chips
I always claim my daily freebie from GG, would be nice to get some more strategy on the spin and go's, seems very unpredictable though

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
It's a fun one.
It's fast but i dont think is the best way to make money in the game.
I usually prefer cash but that's my humble opinion.
Thank you for your comment, regards.
I always claim my daily freebie from GG, would be nice to get some more strategy on the Spin and Go's, seems very unpredictable though
That's precisely the goal of this thread, thank you for commenting.

S

steve01991

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i play mostly spin and goes. i like the speed, different players . yes do manage your chips and make wise moves.

Stringy

Stringy

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
it used to be my main game then I switched to cash games. I still play it from time to time. there are some players you can easily read and so can beat them or eat away with a good bluff. other time it's just waiting for the right moment. especially when 1v1, a good hand will come, you just have to capitalise on it

LaNimmer

LaNimmer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Unfortunately that's where I go when on tilt (Hexapro on unibet, same as spin and go). I head right for the high stakes and proceed to donate my stack! Yesterday I felt I was heading there so I logged out and did not play again. So I still have my bankroll!

john_entony

john_entony

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Today I would like to receive advice on playing Spin & Go. I usually take these factors into account:

Manage your chips wisely: In Spin & Go, prize structures are highly variable and depend on the multiplier chosen at the beginning of the tournament. This means that in most cases, only the winner takes home a substantial prize. Therefore, it's essential to manage your chips carefully. Don't rush into risky moves in the early hands. Instead, play conservatively at the beginning and be patient until the blinds increase. When the blinds are higher, you can start to be more aggressive.

Read your opponents: Reading your opponents is crucial in any form of poker, and Spin & Go is no exception. Observe your opponents' playing styles and look for patterns. Are they aggressive, passive, or unpredictable? When the blinds go up, do they become more conservative or more aggressive? Use this information to adjust your own strategy and make more informed decisions. Remember that in this game format, you may face different opponents in each tournament, so adaptability is key.

Master bankroll management: Proper bankroll management is essential for success in Spin & Go. Set a specific budget for these tournaments and make sure not to exceed it. Since variance is high in these tournaments, you may experience losing streaks. Avoid the temptation to try to recover your losses immediately by increasing your buy-ins. Instead, maintain a disciplined approach and stick to your bankroll management plan. This will help you maintain emotional control and avoid losing large amounts of money in a short period of time.

It's one of my favorite types of games, what do you think about it? I appreciate your comments.
I don't consider Spin&Go to be a serious tournament at all. It is more a kind of lottery. And the gameplay itself, for example, on pokerstars clearly plays in favor of weaker hands, where 3-4 tournaments in a row you can run out with pocket 1010, JJ.... AA against conditional 84, 75. And only in one tournament you will win something there. But your advice in the first post is very relevant! But if I have to choose between Spin&Go and cash, I will choose cash. :cool:;)

Rachidao

Rachidao

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The problem of spin and go are the multipliers. X2 is the default, and the rake is 33%, so even if you win more than you lose sometimes you are down in money.

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
i play mostly spin and goes. i like the speed, different players . yes do manage your chips and make wise moves.
I agree, I think it's crucial in order to win something.
it used to be my main game then I switched to cash games. I still play it from time to time. there are some players you can easily read and so can beat them or eat away with a good bluff. other time it's just waiting for the right moment. especially when 1v1, a good hand will come, you just have to capitalise on it
Good advice, it's a game mode that comes with risks; nevertheless, it's interesting to read about different players' experiences. Thank you for commenting.
Unfortunately that's where I go when on tilt (Hexapro on Unibet, same as spin and go). I head right for the high stakes and proceed to donate my stack! Yesterday I felt I was heading there so I logged out and did not play again. So I still have my bankroll!
Your experience is interesting, it's true that it's challenging to maintain a bankroll while playing in that mode. Managing anxiety is important. Greetings!
I don't consider Spin&Go to be a serious tournament at all. It is more a kind of lottery. And the gameplay itself, for example, on PokerStars clearly plays in favor of weaker hands, where 3-4 tournaments in a row you can run out with pocket 1010, JJ.... AA against conditional 84, 75. And only in one tournament you will win something there. But your advice in the first post is very relevant! But if I have to choose between Spin&Go and cash, I will choose cash. :cool:;)
I can understand why you see Spin & Go that way, as the variance is very high, and luck can sometimes be a determining factor. However, for some players, the excitement and fast pace of these tournaments are irresistible. Thank you for commenting!
Spin and go is like a roulette wheel, not a good way to make a profit
I understand your point of view, it may be so. I don't have much experience with it yet, but it aligns with what john_entony says about it being like a lottery. Thank you for commenting.
The problem of spin and go are the multipliers. X2 is the default, and the rake is 33%, so even if you win more than you lose sometimes you are down in money.
It's true that multipliers can be a challenge, especially when lower multipliers like x2 are prevalent. The commission can also have an impact on long-term profits. It's important to take into account what you're saying. Thank you for commenting.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Yes, it is a kind of game that I choose, because it is fast and exciting. Generally it needs to be aggressive and ready, there is no time for many things, you must be determined!

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
It's my favorite type of poker but there's not a single strategy that stands out for it... You have to do whatever it takes to reach the money... Everything else it pays off only about 40% of the time or even less.

Anamembu

Anamembu

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Yes, it is a kind of game that I choose, because it is fast and exciting. Generally it needs to be aggressive and ready, there is no time for many things, you must be determined!
Good advice, thank you for commenting.
It's my favorite type of poker but there's not a single strategy that stands out for it... You have to do whatever it takes to reach the money... Everything else it pays off only about 40% of the time or even less.
To be honest, I'm not sure about that percentage, but I understand the point.

airxlns

airxlns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Good advice, thank you for commenting.

To be honest, I'm not sure about that percentage, but I understand the point.
It's my top 2 percentage in sit n go's at GG since mid December last year, playing tables of 6.