Experiences in MTTs Microlimits: Who is the serial payer???

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Hi brothers:):):)

The serial caller is a very common character in MTT at micro limits.
He is more, he is a player that many times can cause you a lot of headaches.
You often have monster hands like AKs AQs KQs not counting premium hands like AA KK or QQ. I'm talking about premium suited hands.
It is logical that with your hands you want to take advantage of a very good situation, either increase your stack or double it.
But it happens that you at the table just met the famous serial payer.
To identify it is simple, this player believes that every card in his hands is absolutely the winner.
Let's cite an example.
The serial caller has 50BB and open 3-bet from UTG his hand with 78s. He efficiently believes that his hand is strong enough to win.
You have BB AKo and a 35 BB stack. you go hand in hand with him. What is the decision you would take?
Given this situation, I know that more than one of you will say that Allin is a good alternative, which I would also totally agree, playing with players at a table with a good level.
But in this case I don't consider pushing allin to be a good alternative.
After so much playing against this type of player, and losing countless hands knowing that preflop I have the dominant hand, some time ago I decided to just call his move or at least do a reraise to see how this player performs. .
The reason for this situation is that this player that I call the serial caller, and going back to the example given above, if you go allin he will call you. And in truth, as much as you know that on the preflop your hand prevails, on the postflop the showdown is the one that prevails.
It is enough that an 8 comes up in the showdown and you do not get the Ace or the K, this serial caller left you out of the MTT.
Of course, you will tell me that the statistics say that an AKo hand plus even in BB is all-in and the chances of winning it are very good. If that's true. But also don't forget that he is likely to win the hand, even if you hit a Par High on the flop. The two subsequent streets may be favorable to him.
The problem with this type of player is that they only play luck.
A healthy tip.
If you're up against a serial caller and you think your hand dominates him, keep in mind that your stack is much higher than his. Not only so that he feels the pressure of being left out of an MTT, but also because if he considers calling you, he won't leave you out of the MTT.
If you want, tell me about your experiences with this type of player.
Greetings to all:):):)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
An example of a serial payer.

Attachments

• pagador serial.png