pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Many of you have probably seen this hand already.

SPOILER Warning: The hand in question is from the YouTube series Game of Gold. If don't want to know who wins don't look.

Fedor Holz makes a horrible call in my opinion. I don't think Maria Ho ever bluffs on this board. I guess Fedor just can't comprehend people flatting a 22BB bet with the hand in question.

300HPGOD

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Agreed there are not a lot of/if any bluffs here although I think KK with K of diamonds could play the hand this way targeting AA but thats such an outlier to me that small possibility would not come to mind if I were in this hand. I hate to rag on Fedor too cause hes exceptional but I think he should be thinking here that very few hands overcall pre here and most of those that he beats like KK, AA, or a smaller set just dont play the hand the way Maria plays it imo. They do not take the chance of the diamond coming so when you watch this hand it actually feels like she has the hand she does with the specific A of diamonds. Is JJ or even AA just flatting that flop size? If Maria flats AA pre then she is doing so to get Fedor post and not just call 1/8th pot size bets.

Imo Fedor plays the whole hand badly from pre through post. I get we dont want to jam 108 BBs in pre but if we call off 27 BBs pre which is 1/4th our stack are we ever getting away from the spots when it is our QQ against Ho's KK or AA especially on 963 or J54 type flops? I think we have to at least call one street playing it that way which normally would mean we are getting close to 40% or so of our stack already in the pot meaning we wont fold much. Flop bet sizing I dont get whatsoever being that small on that board. Ace of diamonds isnt folding and the "feared" KK or AA will not be folding much either if you made it 1/3rd pot or so. This seems like a simple 1.6M bet on flop and jam turn type hand... especially with turn that wound up coming out which is near safe as it can be for QQ.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
Agree with what you wrote about the play before the river.

What made it even worse (when finally on the river) is that he uses A LOT of time banks and goes through all the math for different combos.

It's one thing to level oneself when you play fast online. We all have done it and look like idiots when the opponent turns over the most obvious hand that bets the river.

He seemed to think it was almost impossible to slowplay AK pre and discounted it after mentioning it once.

Maybe he had some valium or other sedative to calm his nerves and if he is not used to taking benzo it can have affected his reasoning. He is used to televised poker, but this reality show format may have put a different pressure on him.