EV spot? JQo vs AKs

T

TheTurtleChief

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Deep-stacked (130b effective) is this a profitable call for 30 blinds? Would have had a full house - but that is results oriented, so I feel like I made the correct decision. Not sure though when deep-stacked as such.

Thanks!

P

pandapower99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Alot more info required to give a response, How did the hand play out ? Positions of players etc

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
QJo is a hand, you want to be selective with, because it suffer a lot from domination against a tight range. It can be raised first in from late position. You can defend your big blind with it, if the raise is not to big, and preferably against a late position open. You can also sometimes isolate 1-2 limpers, depending how wide and bad they are. Maybe you can call a CO or HJ open on BTN, if the players in the blinds are passive, and you have a large skill edge on the opener. Other than these situations QJo is pretty much just a fold.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Really do need more information to help you here. Depending on the player type position ect, many time this is a snap fold.

Tunkki

Tunkki

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Deep-stacked (130b effective) is this a profitable call for 30 blinds? Would have had a full house - but that is results oriented, so I feel like I made the correct decision. Not sure though when deep-stacked as such.

Thanks!

More information about the hand please.

Redbull199030

Redbull199030

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the fold will be the right decision

R

rcpeck

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without any further info, I'll say just go ahead and always dump QJo PF :D

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips

Thanks!

Do you know the actual EV formula?

If you do, and have all the relevant data, it is a very simple process.

Put in all the data then calculate and you will be left with a number.

If it is a positive number, it is +EV. If the result is a negative number, it is -EV.

The size of the number (positive OR negative) indicates how 'good' or 'bad' the spot is regarding expected value.

If you haven't seen the formula, it is this... (maybe double check, my memory isn't what it used to be[at least I think it isn't, I don't recall])

EV = (Pw x R) - (Pl x L)

Pw = Probability of winning
Pl = Probability of losing
R = Return (amount you stand to win)
L = Loss (amount to call)

Retrospectively, after showdown, we have all the required data.

This means we can complete the equation and have a definitive answer.

Therefore the EV formula is a fantastic tool for analysing our play to see if we are making the correct decisions.

During a hand, we do not know opponents' holdings, so we have to best guess with the incomplete data available to us using our previous experience as a guide.

I hope this is some help to you and puts you on the road to calculating precise EV values for yourself.

Kind Regards,

Tracid/TRALKALINE/Joe.
:beer:​