The easiest strategy to win tournaments Online or Live

R

Razmodan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice article, i have a doubt
"If you are UTG or on the button, you can play hands like Suited Ace above 8 other pockets and suited connectors above 8"
It's profitable to play this in UTG?

H

hezawizard

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
some good tips already posted, I can say that sometimes when I play I can get irritated by the slow start and than I start to check leaderboard too often, play loose trying to catch up quickly, so one thing I would like to say and its already been mentioned here but I think its very important so I'll repeat it, PLAY YOUR TABLE, forget the overall chip counts and all that, just try to be the best at your table

R

RazKat

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is a very interesting but comprehensive Guide for Tournament play and I'll definitely give it a few tries and hopefully I win a tournament. I agree with everything except the Hate part lol, I prefer staying Calm and enjoying the Game as much as possible. Thanks for sharing these Strategies.

Luan

Luan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
my strategy game in online and be safer at play and live TBM conservative and observant!

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mostly play aggressive if others a tight and if others are aggressive i play tight

S

spazdm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you for the tips I think your strategy is sound, of course im no pro but I found a lot of great ideas and i even wrote down some so i can use it like a cheat sheet while i play. I really liked point #9 about hating ur tablemates because in the past i have hated them and went crazy allin and went out but... obviously thats not going to bother them lol. staying in the tourney is best because im another person that they have to compete against. ty again and goodluck to all the other members here in future games :)

ern11

ern11

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In spite of the fact that more regs plays very loose-agressive today, tight play still remains actual.

J

jimmy62

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good all around strategys for play,especially observing hands you arent in and play to win not place.One thing i will add is while observing,dont just observe opponents traits and behaviors stud the boards behaviors.Sometimes certain cards and combinations hit more frequently than others i think.Anyone else notice it if you watch?

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
stud the boards behaviors.Sometimes certain cards and combinations hit more frequently than others

not wanting to be a d1ck here jimmy but this ^ is totally useless & a huge waste of time (can you see why?)
(HooDoo... this is your cue to post!)

Aces2w1n

Aces2w1n

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Learn to steal blinds

Adjust strategies depending on effective stacksizes

AVOID COINFLIPS!

B

bremensha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
playing tight in the early rounds will see you into the money more than the normal 10%. But with a small or medium stack you can't reach the final table or even win MTTs w/ 500 or more people. You can't win MTT without big mistakes of your opponents. Therefor you have to give them the chance and to be involved in a lot of hands.

cjmoles

cjmoles

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
not wanting to be a d1ck here jimmy but this ^ is totally useless & a huge waste of time (can you see why?)
(HooDoo... this is your cue to post!)

Okay....I will post if HooDoo won't. LOL! In a home game with a single deck or two going around the table you can get a certain feel for how the deck is running if it is not "spaded out often:" however, with online gaming the RNG's are so complex that there is no possible way that one could ascertain any type of recognizable pattern. Don't fall into that trap my friend.....terrible idea!

solargarlic

solargarlic

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I must say this is a fine contribution to this forum. It is straight forward and cuts through the BS while touching on key points. Well written flows from the keyboard to the brain of the reader seamlessly. I am speaking for more than just myself I am sure when I say thanks for this and we look forward to more! Keep up the quality post! Good Luck!

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
great advice and thankfully until now most of my "pub Poker" crowd don't follow it.
However we have a number of new players so will recommend they look at this site and use this advice

T

Thinkola

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Very good article. But what I feel isn't covered, is a suggestion of how aggressive you would recommend to play. Could you say something about that as well, I feel I could get some strategy out of it.

S

seghill

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just finished an Easter Tournament.
48 Players $50 buy in no rebuy, add on
20,000 chips. Some went very well early but continued to overplay and went out eventually. I was a grinder, winning 1 to 2 hands per hour with little in the way of cards, enough to survive, pinched a few blinds from position.
Phase 2 Bubble was 9 players, position 16/16 - 5 hours chips held 20500 (hey I'm up 500!!)
got enough and others crashed out around me - final table reached as all in AA got beaten by suited 78 who got the straight (and I won't repeat the loser's comments - like "how could you - you ..........)
Final table 9/9
kept going - finally and last 5 with minimal chips against others - 2nd player all in against 1st with A rag suited v Kk - A drew the flush in four cards. LOL
out in 5th A rag v Kk. 7 1/2 hours of grinding but considering poor cards most of day and lack of opportunity a geat result.

Playing mainly good cards and folding with lesser chance cards allowed me to get through - hopefully next time I can get cards to work with - rules 1 - 8 worked well all day.

BigCountryGB

BigCountryGB

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Boomeranged, I just wanted to say that I found your strategy really helpful. I've just started playing poker regularly within the last month. In fact, I hadn't even played for real money yet, just play money cash games. This weekend I decided to try my hand at the ACR On-Demand freerolls and I came across your post while doing some research. Following this strategy really helped me keep a level head and avoid making stupid mistakes. Long story short, I managed to finish ITM in my third freeroll tournament! I managed fifth place and think I may have done even better, but I sort of ran out of time and just had to just throw all my chips in.

Anyhow, thanks for helping me make my first $0.95!

C

chloebrand

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That was a great read. I did want to add one thing that has been giving me great success on these online tournaments. Take everything you can learn to these online tournaments, but an old pro i play live taught me that tournaments are about survival. If you outlast everyone you win. I haven't read anything on here about clock management. Why do you have to fold right away? Why not eat up the clock? And how come e rush to bet? Why not eat up the clock. I find that this kind of irritates a of of players, so they still imitate for a couple of hands then just start paying sloppy and go on tilt. I love it!!! Another wonderful benefit that i have found when i eat up the clock every hand, i find myself analyzing a lot more, instead of making impulse or emotional decisions, which will get anyone in trouble. Lastly, i find that it is a lot easier to steal blinds when you take your time every hand.
This is my first post everyone. Let me know what you think. Good luck and live life with passion.

Organize a Home Poker Game