German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi SatisfyMe! I think in the case early and late registration not guess,
as will go a play further... Because sometimes I could register in advance
and fly out immediately with AA against any pair, or any garbage...
In the same time I could register in last time and win a tournament!
Therefore for me is no especially difference between early and late registration,
because nobody don't know exactly what the card will fall out to the board...
Good Luck for the tables!:cool:

K

ksandr010

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always try to get to the tournament on time

Pokerishard

Pokerishard

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer allways to be there from the beggin.......I don t go in with late reg....It is like one of my rules........I don t like to be late in nothing......im fun of precision....

moulan7

moulan7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Who wants to get late to the race? xD

B

BrewCrewWI

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like Late registering. Not to late but generally I like to be close to where an allin will put me above the avg chip stack. This can save me 60-90mins of grinding to sit at the same avg chip stack often times. Say tourney starts off with 5k chips. I notice the avg chip size is 8700 in lobby.
Keep in mind, I'm not in a tourney that is playing for more than $200. Thinking about trying this 8k guaranteed daily ACR has today. Playing from the start since the prize for 1st place would be game changing for me.

G

Gelidmind

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start early to play more hands. When I late buy I generally feel like I have to shove more often to build my stack quicker because of the blinds.

pro100phil

pro100phil

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start early too. Usually there are a lot of fishes in the beginning and you can make a good stack.

Sdub2020

Sdub2020

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends I see people come in late and double up soon as they sit down. Hard to say sometimes you get a bonus for being early

R

rohan2424

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's always best to start on time, as you said... cheaper flops. It's a patience game really until all the "lucky" noobs with their lucky hands get caught out... I find I somehow get tempted to make ridiculous bets in the beginning which makes me sometimes just lose too many chips necessarily .:D

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early start time is better more chances to have more chips late start time you have to play with less chips to your opponents

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I late register only. I don't mind starting with 10 bbs or less.

T

tatalarata

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is obv best to play from the beginning, you just have to adjust your strategy as the game goes on.

K

karmakoumas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time to start tournament

i think it depend of the type of tournament you will play.
for example in tournament limit holdem or limited pot omaha or 8 games you can start later because the average stack is near to the starting ships even 2 hour after tournament start.
but in no limit tournament i think later start is not recommended because average stack will be too much higher than starting ships.
but if you don't have the choice it's better to play than to watch :D:D.

E

erce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start a tournament.at level 1 in order to see more cheap flops.

So, is the advantages of an early start time out weight the advantages of a late start time in a tournament? Or the start time (early or late) makes no difference?
its depends on mine mood, when i play aggressively i register at lvl 5+, but when i wont play slowly i reg at lvl 1.

W

Wer1ss

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Imho early starts much better because in this time u can easily make ur stack bigger

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is probably not much good in tournaments with late registration. Of course the poker room places you with players with approximately the same stacks but it will still be difficult to increase the stack if luck is not on your side. Well, then how will it go and how long can you hold out in the tournament. Of course this is my opinion but everyone has their own thank You and good luck at the tables.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think early registration is only good if you're really in the zone if not just late reg like 30 mins in if it's a normal slow tournament & 10-15if it's a turbo tournament.

H

HeyMan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early start time is always best ! It's the best time to mix it up and build a stack for a deep run .