Early start time vs late start time in a tournament

S

SatisfyMe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start a tournament.at level 1 in order to see more cheap flops.

So, is the advantages of an early start time out weight the advantages of a late start time in a tournament? Or the start time (early or late) makes no difference?

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I prefer to register at the beggining of the tournaments...at the late reg you must did many pushes (all in) to build yr stack in the game... :)

J

JAAMEZz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i will join up untill the first hour break, anything after that i find the blinds too big

rafa77777

rafa77777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also thought about it and I would also like to hear the answers

Zvezda kz

Zvezda kz

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey.
I am also trying to start the tournament from the early stages, but this is easy to explain as I play the tie.
Free players play in the last minutes, as they have no difference when they go to Allin. They benefit from the last minutes, or from an immediate exit from the tournament, or double the stack.
A simple example: on UTG1 with KK on my hands I lift 3bb (M17), opponent 3bet allin from position MP2 with stack M6, all fold, I call. The answer is known in 106> KK, everything happens in the last minutes of registration in the tournament. After 7 minutes he has the largest stack at the table - more than 200 bb. Player registered on the site for less than a month.
Play as he will be happy)).

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to be able to play both from the first minutes of the tournament, and if you hit the tournament during late registration...
The tactics of the game will depend on your bank and the blinds.
It is best to train yourself in both situations to achieve success in the future))
:eating:

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a different situation. When you make a late registration, the stacks and the blinds are already big comparing with your a few starting chips. So it will be not impossible, but very difficult to compete. The best is the early registration which allows you to enjoy and play more comfortable!

S

sid kendell

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to start at the beginning but if unable to I will join with a 50bb stack in small buy in tournaments.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
like everyone I prefer to start a tournaments of the first minutes but it is already happening to me to register late and when that happens one is forced to play aggressive to be able to join the average. in any case what is on it is that it is very disadvantageous to join a tournament if the blinds are much too high.

J

JSLuckySJ

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to start at the middle of the tournament, except hyper tournaments

D

Das4ever

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer start from level 1 to cause you have better chance to see more cheep flops then latter in the game and you can control game latter if you got big stack.

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If its a major MTT i avoid the first hour everyone is sharpest and it is difficult to raise preflop the needed amount without broadcasting your hand.

M

miktux

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
with my luck i must start from beggining of the tournament becouse i hardly hit floop and my starting hands are terrible :D

A

azoppina609

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find they both have advantages. Later in the game most of the reckless players are weeded out. earlier and you get to see more cheap flops.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Early start time is best. Late reg into a tourney and you're probably gonna be in shove/fold mode after barely having 15BBs. Yes, I've seen players win through late regging and have won that way myself but regardless, I'd say being there since the beginning just gives you the most amount of opportunities to see and grab chances where you can stack up.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Paid tourneys , even tourneys that I've accumulated tickets for I'm there at the start. freerolls I've actually found coming in later gives me better odds. Usually a lot of the suicides are out and I can actually play my game.

T

tmfnsanders

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to register at the beginning because I like playing postflop as I think more people play bad there, but I am confident enough in my mid-late game that I don't mind late regging either. You just have to be in the right mindset of OK I have 12 bb when I start the game.

J

James24543

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Middle of the tournament is ideal as the blinds aren't too high.

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to register at the beginning of the tournament and I dont like to long late reg period

Joco413

Joco413

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Late registration is fine for about half an hour. After that you will be way too behind and forced to play catch up with the odds stacked against you. Sure it's still doable but less likely to make it into the money and you will have to take more risks.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Definitely early registration is better

R

ROYALROAD

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Delayed registration

There is also a way to register in the delayed registration time very limit, but the force which is about series of battles consecutive victories by a cash game is needed to do that.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on how you know how to play with a stack of 20-40 bb or less

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i prefer registering in the begining of the tournament. I guess it is easy to build your hand.

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer a late join in, by the time late registration is closes there are less people with silly or 'I will scare you off' all-ins. Although I only play regular tournaments. For hyperturbos, would early start is the key to win.