Double or nothing sit & go

W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone think the double or nothing sit & go are worthy for grinding up my bankroll?

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Iryna Stryzheuskaya

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
Why not? Many players like these SNG. Try it.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Of course yes, only that it would be little by little, suddenly it may be difficult to see big profits on some occasions, but it is not bad to start or to have a little more security and control of your bank

bullishwwd

bullishwwd

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Absolutely...one of the 'least risky' SnGs if played correctly and focus on finishing ITM vice winning.

:hmmmm2:

Andrew Popov

Andrew Popov

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In many poker rooms, the rake in these tournaments is slightly larger than usual. Otherwise, they are quite good for advancing a bankroll and for quickly obtaining VIP status.

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
had the experience to play in this tournament if a lot of patience and time for such a player, this discipline will fit if you like more action it is not necessary to play it,everything happens for a very long time especially on the bubble!

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think this is a very good variety of Sit & Go tournaments. Often I didn’t play them, but I tried them several times. If you learn how to play them correctly and accurately, I think you can earn a good bankroll, and then you can grow by limits. If you like these tournaments, I would advise you to pay them special attention.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These types of sit and go's are good for shorter and quicker pace but also if you want to just double your buy in.

CallMeAnSee

CallMeAnSee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
d.ts are good but the slowest grind!

i play 6 man d.ts most days an like quoted above, they help me lose the least bankroll but on the flip side grinding is very hard to make profit as you need to win about 7 in 10 to profit or 6 in 10 to break even due to buy ins!

theres some sites play as little as 10c a go with 1c buy in so even if your not rich with a massive bankroll even for 10£/$/euros your have 100 plus buyin s if you want to play that deep! another good thing i like is that on the smaller sites( i like ipoker network) you see same faces so after a little while you know the sharks an spot the fish quite quickly!

here fishy fishy :girlshit::p:captain::D:captain::eek::captain:

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
These are also good if you don't really have a lot of time to play. Usually there will be two or three crazy players and a couple good ones. Play a good tight game and percentage of wins is good.
And when you get better at them, you can raise your buy in. Don't try to move up too fast.

Last edited:
W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are also good if you don't really have a lot of time to play. Usually there will be two or three crazy players and a couple good ones. Play a good tight game and percentage of wins is good.
And when you get better at them, you can raise your buy in. Don't try to move up too fast.

Agree with the time factor.

Sometimes I don’t have time to play a proper game. Not a hyper or super hyper fan. The DON’s (IMO) move along a bit faster.

When I played at Stars, they had plenty of buyin levels for DON’s. Not as many options at Party but still options.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyone think the double or nothing sit & go are worthy for grinding up my bankroll?

In my opinion no. The format is different from site to site, but on 888 poker its a hyper turbo format, where players start with only 500 chips, and blinds go up every 2 minutes. So there is very little play and a high luck to skill ratio.

Finally, and this is just my personal subjective opinion, I dont like tournament formats, where you just need to make it into the money. Its the same with satellites, and it create a weird dynamic, where at some point it become all about folding your way into the money.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I played at Stars, they had plenty of buyin levels for DON’s. Not as many options at Party but still options.

Stars dont have the traditional DON´s any more. Now its a format, where the top 5 finishers out of 10 players is payed their original buyin plus an amount for each chip.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Why not? These are good and easy tournaments with a high probability to double the bankroll.

Tenek26

Tenek26

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I like this format of the game, I think this is a very good opportunity to build a bankroll, the only negative is a big rake.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know cannot make my mind up about them positive or negative.:confused::confused::confused:

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This type of SNG to me, in particular, I do not like money what you can earn is not significant from my point of view but to start can be good there is less risk and maybe you can start a bankroll from this type of SNG

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stars dont have the traditional DON´s any more. Now its a format, where the top 5 finishers out of 10 players is payed their original buyin plus an amount for each chip.

The key here is the opening statement in that paragraph you’ve referenced

When. I played at Stars.

Been off Stars for sometime now. Deposit issues.

Stuck at Party and 888 for now.

Last edited:
W

witfighter

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far so good. Great for doing multiple at once

kolyasik77777

kolyasik77777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a game in Double( But Spin-and-go is a good thing.

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think definitely, I really like this kind of format. I think it's easier than a normal SNG. Its disadvantage is that it does not pay so well in some poker rooms

foran

foran

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are good, but they went out of style in most of the rooms

D

darpblog

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've played those, and found them less risky than regular sitngos, they are a good option for a baby bankroll, progress will be slower though. I recommend sitwching to regular sitngo's when you can

E

eyeluvpoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the double or nothing are a good way to build up your bankroll. I play these pretty tight when I do play them. Let the reckless players knock each other out. That strategy works pretty well most of the times. Of course when the pocket Aces get beat on a river suckout that changes everything!