Does volume of tournaments correlate to profitability?

L

La reytor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is it true that it is more profitable to play poker by volume, that is, play 20 tournaments a day throughout the month, that is, 600 tournaments, is it true that you win so much?

Kinalha

Kinalha

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Is it true that it is more profitable to play poker by volume, that is, play 20 tournaments a day throughout the month, that is, 600 tournaments, is it true that you win so much?
Only If tou beat the field, and this can happen playing 50 tournaments or 500. The difference is if you play a profitable game, you beat the variance in the long therm

R.Holynskyi

R.Holynskyi

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
20 tournaments per day? ...... to be honest, it's hard for me to imagine. I barely have time to play 2-3 tournaments a day and I consider that 2-3 tournaments is quite a lot. I spend about 3-4 hours on 2-3 tournaments a day. I have no idea how long it takes to play 20 tournaments a day.

Makarius

Makarius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BY
Chips
It's right that tournament volume solves variance issues, if only you play with knowledge

Andyreas

Andyreas

Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
As others have said, playing more volume reduces the effect of variance/luck to some extent. So it should show your capabilities in poker better.

But simply saying playing more and winning more is true, would be silly. 😅

kaynbergo

kaynbergo

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
20 турниров в день? ...... честно говоря, мне сложно представить. У меня едва хватает времени играть по 2-3 турнира в день, и я считаю, что 2-3 турнира — это очень много. Я трачу около 3-4 часов на 2-3 турнира в день. Я понятия не имею, сколько времени нужно, чтобы играть по 20 турниров в день.
So what's stopping you from playing 10 tournaments at once? I have at least 6 tournaments and a series under my load, and the average is 9 tournaments

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you are a winning player and play 10 sit n goes per week, and you win on average 50c every 10 games you play then of course if you play more of these games then you will win more total money.

This doesn't mean you will win a higher amount per game tho.

Usually the more volume you play the less focus you can give to each game and so you then win slightly less per game played

D

dompoker

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is about luck, so the more tournaments you play, the more likely you are to win tournaments.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
IMHO volume is a key element for the long term profitability yes.
Being a good player is most important thought but I have seen so many bankroll challenges and no one has ever played 5 MTTs per day. So those guys ''beat'' the variance by adding tons of volume.

S

Sopt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SI
Chips
Yes, playing a bigger volume kind of solves the variance if you are generally a winning player.

Onto those commenting about playing 500 tournaments par month, you don't need to do that to be honest. Here it just comes to the question of how fast you want to earn and/or how much you "need to earn if you are playing poker professionally". You can simply do 1-2 tournaments a day and you should see the results in the long run, it just takes way more time in days to achieve the same amount of success.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, La reytor! If to say honestly, I not quite agree with this statement... Because You may to play the many tournaments and eventually to be in minus,
but may to play in the several tournaments, or only in an one good tournament and get a real profit! And cause only one: because Poker is unpredictable!..

Berandir

Berandir

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Not really just the volume of tournaments. I believe a combination of regular study and volume will help you beat variance, a constant in the game of poker! Not always the best hands, the best moves will win, but when you study and play more, it decreases the effects of variance and consequently you become more profitable.

nakiesQUensyyy

nakiesQUensyyy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think so, but for this profit you can lose your money many times more