Do you win a lot playing at several tables?

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the game at 2,3,4 table is not terrible if it is a question of small limits.
depending on how the player can concentrate attention afterwards

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
the maximum that I can play are 2 tables, if I play more than 2 I think I go crazy, I still can not get used to it and that makes me not achieve good results in them, I like to concentrate on 1 or 2 but sometimes the tournaments coincide in the hours and is chaotic for me

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I was playing 4+ tables at one point and doing OK at it. The problem is I started to not enjoy the game as it started to feel like work. I will play 1 table most of the time an occasionally 2 but never more. I would rather play the game i enjoy than have the game I love become work.

L

LuigiBros03

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play with 2 monitors, I can calmly open up to 18 tables but graphically it does not look good and sometimes I get confused so I play from 8 to 12 tables, also in mixeo on one screen I can place only tournaments and in another the SNG. At first it costs you a bit but with time it becomes customary and you can calmly apply your normal game.

W

williangg

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Its pretty common play mutiple tables online

me, personally, can't play more than 4 without losing my mind

I think that with pratice you get more used to play on more tables.

M

midoooo90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually 2-3 stola.Bolshe 3 tables play until it turns to focus

L

lqprimetime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When i get to 4 or more it is rough. a couple times I have accidentally had like 6+ up due to not planning correctly, and I know whether I won some of those or lost, that a couple of those windows got legit thrown away. That is just me though, and usually they are free rolls, or like 1 slow tournament on the side and 1 cash game.

I can distinctively recall the issues i mentioned happening;
a) At least 2 or 3 separate sessions, i've eliminated from a tournament due to flat out not playing or able to keep up with it. Like all of a sudden a window blinks and i have been eliminated and never knew what happened, and have to check if it was a tournament I was looking forward to.

b) Poor scheduling and a tournament going longer or faster, than i thought. Then near the end, when tables may have 6 people with half being inactive, and blinds high, a new tournament pops up. While the other is just spamming me with alerts because the hands are going around so fast like it is heads up basically.

c) Scrolling through tournament lobbies to find my name to piece together whether I played in/am still in/or was just looking at the lobby. And usually i find my name with "finished" somewhere, and never realized that tournament was running.

I assume people do like I try to, and keep the more important windows in focus, and others off to the side.
But i can see how someone may just tab through clicking hands, playing by the numbers. Because even in 1 MTT sometime's you get moved table to table so much, you can't get a real read on people. On top of it already being online.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I do like to play two or more tables at a time. It can become difficult if you are playing at short handed tables. I have timed out a time or two during the tournaments.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to lose my money one table at a time.

radartodd69

radartodd69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play 2 maybe 3 tables at a time. I don't do it to get more rich. I do it to keep from getting bored. A lot of times people run their clocks. If they do that at one table then I have the other tables to play at. It just keeps things more interesting.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing any more than 4 tables forces me to hit autopilot. I tend to hurry my decision making and play ABC poker. I honestly like the time to watch my table and the dynamics of each player. There’s HUD info but that can’t tell me that a player just got bad beat 2 big hands in a row and is now shoving any 2 due to tilt. It amazes me that some players can play numerous tables successfully. My hats are off to them. It takes great skill.

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
It is not impossible but it is not easy either, you have to have a lot of patience and dedication to be able to achieve those results

Nelly404

Nelly404

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's very difficult to reach the last table, I reached it 3 times only.

A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know people who play 30 tables at a time, but it's in the cash games
I can not more than 6 tables

Insomnia6590

Insomnia6590

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play more than one table, I never win anything :(

B

babboonnexx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing two tables is the only way I can keep from getting bored and playing merely to have some action. I would recommend zoom/ fast fold cash games, they keep the ball moving and you can easily play just the one and stay engaged.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to play no more than two tables.
concentration persists, and I'm less tempted to play more hands

R

ruk1dd1ngme

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Absolutely you do

While some players want to sit and focus on every hand, there is truth to the adage "analysis paralysis" -- If you know the game relatively well, you need to trust your instincts and just act according to what you know. If you think too much, it usually leads to a bad decision.

Another big benefit to playing several tables is that you tend to be more patient. If you're only playing one table, you can easily get too impatient or anxious and want to make a play that doesn't make sense according to the normal discipline.

liuouhgkres

liuouhgkres

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
KH
Chips
I play comfortably 16 tables. If I play less than 5 tables I get bored and start doing crazy things and talk shit in the chat. Btw, talking shit in the chat can be one good way to kill time.

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I absolutely agree with you, I, too, can not be completely concentrated when I play more than two tables at the same time. Many times I played at two or three tables at the same time, but I have never managed to achieve a result at the same time at several tables. It often happened when I played simultaneously in different poker rooms, but the result is the same. There are experts who simultaneously play for 4-6 tables and everywhere they have a good result, but I have not reached such a level yet.

F

Fastone2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No... Only got dizzy and frustrated trying to play bingo. One card game at a time is the best for me....

P

pokijh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
MTTs are good for practising multitabling. I usually go for 4 tables at cash games and 6-8 at MTTs

leogetz79

leogetz79

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i play max 3 tables. and i usually play better because i make my decisions faster and only play the good hands like the book say

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play more then one table because one I get bored with

krisi77

krisi77

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the best results I have when playing at a table, then I feel the mood at the table and I can take advantage of it