Do you think spin 'n' go is a crazy game?

guwanch7777777

guwanch7777777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
on spin-go little time and little money

SAKhur

SAKhur

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always lose. I think PS is hunt me, hunt my money. :D Maybe I need to choose a suitable limit in spin&go or not to play it.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Man, spin n gos can be absolutely brutal. I tried grinding them on ACR for a bit before I lost my roll on there years back. Even tried studying and following spin n go charts to no avail. I can see the profitable side of it from watching semi pros grind them on youtube though

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes spin and go is a like putting your bankroll on a rollercoaster can be a crazy game if you do not know when to quit,:eek:
You can win or lose lot of money fast.:)
The last session of $100 spin and go I played 3 days ago won $500 spin and then a $1000 spin all profit after struggling for hours up and down fighting for 2x and 3x prizepools.
Quit playing and hit the withdraw button when ahead is my advice those 2 big multiplier wins will pay santa next month for my two children.:icon_sant:icon_sant
The $100 then especially $250 and $500 buy in games have some seriously great pros playing them.:)
Put some degenerate strategy martingale thoughts and screenshots on this thread below here.:hahaha:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/tournament-poker-59/spin-gos-398881/?highlight=spin+go
Week 1 task 1

Last edited:
L

Lord Foma

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes this game purely on luck especially the last adding flash how many not has tried defeat there difficult, pushat simply with prevents garbage on luck

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think yes, maybe some people are grinding it and having plus on it, but I'm only loosing money there

M

megiverz1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's fine with me. I think the return is averaging less because the payout is often only 2/3.

It's fast to play and victory is easier than other playing modes.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yes spin and go is a like putting your bankroll on a rollercoaster can be a crazy game if you do not know when to quit,:eek:

I'm not sure if I agree with this ^ statement.

'IF' we're not using good BRM.. then yes.. we can lose lots of $'s quickly.

'IF' we're playing while on TILT then yes.... we should quit.

But if we're doing neither of the above two points, then (imo) there's really no need to quit. And actually I'd suggest the opposite as SPINS is a game that needs to be played in HIGH volume for players who have an edge.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
so it's your opinion or it's mathematically unprofitable?

tell me how is it that many pros make a living from playing spins? I will answer you. Because there are many recreational players. So if there are many recreational players it means you can win in spins because you have an edge over them like understanding pushing ranges, ranges on different positions based on numbers of big blinds, not mentioning postflop skills.

So people kill your math and make money. Spins are profitable games. But to win on them you need to make a huge volume. That's a point. I would say volume is the most important factor in spins. Of course in every game volume is important, but because spins are short tournaments, with 25bbs at start and fast blinds to make it profitable in long run and prove your advantage over the players you need to play a lot. That's a key. So ye. Maybe spins are crazy because there are many recs players but that's why smart players with good work ethic can win money in spins.

Reading this ^ post has me thinking I need to consider giving these a go. Knowing that it's attracting a large number of recreational donk/ gamblers is very inviting. I've also read about a few micro grinders who do okay in them.
It's not really what I like about the game of poker (shove < > fold game) but have always had a good shortstack game in tourneys & do okay in the math dept. Personally I prefer deepstack cash game.. but I also prefer to see my bankroll increasing... even if it's only 'bit by bit'.

I've played maybe 100 spins so far. I'll play 10 of them in one of the promos online but always super micro stakes. Maybe I'll try some more & keep a record of it (personal challenge type of thing)

angelluv725

angelluv725

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:) I am lucky I can't play real money. I am addicted to the playing the Spin @ Go, play chips.. I would be bankrupt.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Too fast for me, but this game often saved my bancroll.

Osky

Osky

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Spin & Go

I modified Nova theme for hud space and visibility in spin & go and personally I am very well.
If you want in PM or skype I can send you configuration and instructions..
Best regards.

Before and After

L

luskata27

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy no.But for people who like to get adrenaline pumping and want to make money fast. Whether they play or lose may not matter so much

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
It is a fast game, which needs to be aggresive to play, and you need enough games to play to have a picture. It is very interesting to have the draw before the game, to shape the amount you are playing for.

M

Mikeloti13

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its like playing final 3 on a final table of some mtt. But depending on the buy in its good or bad for you. If you play for more money with more serious players it can be good for your game when you re 3 handed or in a heads up. But if you play small stakes it all comes down to straight down losing your nerves because its almost pure gambling

J

JEN005

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin & Go's Can Be Profitable

While it is true that the rake and variance are huge on Spin & Go's, I've run my bankroll up several times playing them. That's because there are a lot of inexperienced players playing them. It will take some time to learn player tendencies/leaks and how to exploit them, however.

I wouldn't recommend Spin & Go Flash though. It's tougher to beat the high rake with one-minute levels and 15bb stacks to start with getting shorter every minute, so there's very little room to outplay your opponents. Beyond the 1st level it becomes a push/fold game (in most cases) and you need to know those Nash Push/Fold ranges pretty well to break even or make marginal profit.
However they're fun, and I do play them at $0.25 sometimes when I'm bored.

Also, I wouldn't recommend playing Spin & Go's with ridiculous multipliers like $1 for $1M, since a large portion of your buy-in will go for the large multiplier (unless you like playing the lottery). I noticed getting 2x multipliers on $1 Spin & Go's at a very high frequency recently, then I realized what was going on. I contacted pokerstars yesterday asking for info on the odds about $1 Spin & Go's and they've yet to reply.

Last edited:
H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like em but a lot of people do. To each there own but I like making my odds better.

U

UncleConRon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My opinion

Spin and Go is nice because probabilities really matter. You just wait till your do for a hand and win. Religious poker is really out the window. It usually is anyways. They just do that to set you up so they can take you in the end.

W

west28

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
spin N goes are really crazy it seems that once your winning the software gets against you where you can't beat! and from any few lucky hands from your opponent you find yourself loosing, when he shoves with anything an gets lucky like 3 times in a roll! In my opinion its a hard game to win in a long run its to much of a flip!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always lose. I think PS is hunt me, hunt my money. :D Maybe I need to choose a suitable limit in spin&go or not to play it.

Hello, SAKhur! I think, PokerStars after the last changes on the Spin&Go hunts :evil: not only for You, but for the All at once! Because the game Spin&Go transformated from "Bingo" in "SuperBingo", when from player not depends almost nothing!
May to say: practically auto all-in at once! My advice: study and play in normal Poker... :jd4: I'm this understood a long time ago,
and now the all is OK! And bankroll is whole, and nervous system in order! But anyway, only You to decide! Good Luck! ;)
See You for the tables! :)

mkdrummey

mkdrummey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
spin and go is rubbish. every time pay 10 pennies. spin. always 20 pennies. absolute rip off. then everyone is tilted because of the rubbish prize and just go all in

D

Dvaraka

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
This format of the game helps to hone your ability to play with short stacks. Playing in freerolls and going to the final table noticed that he became stronger to play 3 max and Heads Up. Yes, the variance is significant, but there are regular players who play plus this discipline for example Storo08 and you can see for yourself on the sharkscope.The only problem is that the shark does not correctly display the spin and go.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Storo08 noted that plus can be played starting from medium limits (hard to beat at low rake)

Top 10 Games