Do you play to win or just to make a profit?

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play thinking in stages and depending on my stack. For example, in CC freerolls, i play first for be a top 60. After to be in the prized positions, after to be top 15 and then for final table. After the final table, I play like a new tournament.
If my stack is so short close to the bubble, I wait for mini profit and do not take risks, but if my stack is way big I play normal in any phase and look to raise/mantain the stack until the FT.

tilan501

tilan501

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try winning, just getting in prize pool makes me loose so much money by agressive players when the tournament is getting close to the bubble.
Winning don't mean first place at all, final table is already a win!

K

Krenko5

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your main goal while playing?

Winning or placing?

Do you relax and start to play not so thoughtfully as soon as you're sure you will get a piece of prize pool in any case?

I play for fun and i don't like to play on high stakes because it's pressure.
But sometimes i do play to win and get better! :smile: :smile: :smile:

SuzdalDEcor

SuzdalDEcor

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont think about my places ITM. But im always thinking about operational poker :)

Marcos mats

Marcos mats

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I get to the final table, it's really satisfying to know that I was among the best in the tournament.

We are together!!
😎👊

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker is decent money, it's bad when you lose, but when you win this great mood and profit, for me poker is a profit and become better and take bigger tournaments and more money

James_Moria

James_Moria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also think to play poker regulary is a good way to learn more how to win a lot of money.......I play poker to win money and to get pleasure

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I first play to make it to money, then play to make it to final table, then play to make it to the final three and then play to win. Guess you might say I play to place and win.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I ve noticed that just before bubble I m ready to fold even AA!

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Definitely to make a profit !! Without profit, the meaning of poker is lost.

P

PapaDoc13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always played to make a profit. My main goal lately has been to build a BR substantial enough chase the wins, but till then, any cash is a small victory.

S

Samuel Kollapso

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The intention is always to win the maximum! Even if it does not happen always continue with this intention to win always!

D

discintildeath

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I always try to keep my wits about me especially after getting into the cash. You will never make enough money to make a living (not that I am trying to) if you only take last cash. You need to get further into the cash to make any decent amount of money on the game. Winning doesn't have to happen a lot but if you never go for the win you won't be a winning player and if you never practice heads up you will struggle as you reach short handed tables.

515bastos

515bastos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Profit at start, Play to win at end.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
One thing is connected with the other. Being profitable in the long run, you someday who knows, could have the opportunity to earn something too.

shamanalix

shamanalix

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Neither. I play to have fun. I play for entertainment, to experiment, to learn. If I wanted to be serious I would hit the local card rooms. For me online poker is just an entertainment when time and desire match what is going on.

walluyo

walluyo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What is your main goal while playing?

Winning or placing?

Do you relax and start to play not so thoughtfully as soon as you're sure you will get a piece of prize pool in any case?
What is the difference for winning or for profit? If you winning player automatically you get the profit.

T

titiduru

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play because I enjoy the game, not to turn a profit. Of course I like to win and grow my bankroll. What you're doing is like asking a fisherman if he likes to catch fish.

P

PKRNRS

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've always have been hyper-aggressive after placing into the money. In the long run it has hurt my ROI. In the future I will play more normal and stick to my game. I rarely make top three being so aggressive no matter many stack.

R

rob feugill

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
win

I always play to win, to me that's the point of playing.