definitely big blinds. Its really helpful when you move to other stakes

cferdi

cferdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually prefer Chip count view, but on some sites you can switch easily by clicking on the chip count/BB and that is my most preferred choice, that way I can switch easily and use both!

Z

zerika

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I change depends on the level but I prefer count in blinds

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep the total chip count, out of habit.

ObiwanJ

ObiwanJ

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Big Blinds. Keeping it as big blinds is easier for me especially as the ante goes up.

D

Danieleli

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you prefer playing with the number of chips on view or BB view?

When I started playing poker (not very long ago) I used a site with a default view of chips (not BB):

View attachment 275731

I'm now accustomed to this and use this default view on all sites. I occassionally toggle to BB view to check where I stand in relation to the other stacks, but I use chip view for all streets of betting etc.

I also find that I lose concentration and get annoyed if on BB view.

Am I missing something important by avoiding BB view and am I creating a bad habit that will impact my long term potential for success?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

If you can esaily mind convert the chip count to BBs you wont miss anything , its actually real good exercise if you want to play live. If you cant convert it i will advice to change to BBs because its one of the things defines how you should play

Jwl8092

Jwl8092

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I normally keep it on chips, but frequently switch back and forth

spectralwave

spectralwave

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I only play with bigblinds... so I have the best idea of ​​the game.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

ScoobyNL

ScoobyNL

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I normally keep it on big blinds but sometimes i like to look how many chips that is.

Als cashgames mostly i play with big blinds because actually it does not matter how much $ you bet or raise, you just have to play your game and not think about the $.

M

marcusvco

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am switching to BBs since is easier to keep track while playing at more than one table. Dont have a preference yet.

O

oldbutslow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I recently switched to BB, it feels like an easier and faster way to Keep track of the stack sizes when multi tabling.

I also keep track of the lobby to see if we are getting close to the bubble and other info.

I usually play 4 tables at once.

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep the chip count in chips more often and pay more attention to the difference with the average stack at the moment.

hobojim1247

hobojim1247

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use BB option whenever it is available. My decisions are all based on the BB count and when. it is already figured out for you its better.

Jim

Kiryl

Kiryl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Blinds

I'm used to playing in the big blinds. It's easier for me

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do you prefer playing with the number of chips on view or BB view?

When I started playing poker (not very long ago) I used a site with a default view of chips (not BB):.

I always prefered with the amount of chips but as soon as i started to develop poker more and more i changed to BB. With the amount of chips i often felt more scared when someone made a big raise or reraise. Now i feel more comfortable and can make better decisions without getting influenced by emotions.

VGShaa

VGShaa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I keep my stack in chips, for me to know where I am in the tournament. And in situations where I need to calculate the size of the bets , I transfer number of my stacks to blinds.

P

Pleshe

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I'd just started out with poker, I was confused as to why would I even want to switch it to big blinds. Later on, with learning and experience, everything changed.

I still sometimes switch it to chips just to see where I'm at compared to everyone else, but I generally use blinds. It helps me decide the sizing better, my raise and call ranges, whereas doing that in chips makes me lose the perception of how much I'm willing to put in.

Plus, most poker guides I've found are usually explaining strategies in blinds, so it's sort of a habit, too :)

S

ScottyDee

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like to see the chips instead of percent

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I started playing by chips and the concepts were not like BB people, but then I started reading and watching streamers and started playing by BB and I will tell you this is progress, it is much easier to make the right decisions, everyone is recommended to play by BB