Do you keep the total chip count or change to # of Big Blinds

D

Daen27

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I change it often, but bb is easier at the beginning of the tournament and in the middle, but sometimes you need to look at the total chips so as not to bet too much even if it seems small in bb

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer chips, in bb and I find it easy myself + it's more convenient for me

Luca Santos

Luca Santos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
BB helps me better in control. it's easier to know what to do.

nelomec

nelomec

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Do you prefer playing with the number of chips on view or BB view?

When I started playing poker (not very long ago) I used a site with a default view of chips (not BB):

View attachment 275731

I'm now accustomed to this and use this default view on all sites. I occassionally toggle to BB view to check where I stand in relation to the other stacks, but I use chip view for all streets of betting etc.

I also find that I lose concentration and get annoyed if on BB view.

Am I missing something important by avoiding BB view and am I creating a bad habit that will impact my long term potential for success?

Any advice would be much appreciated.
In my option, playing with chip is better, you can stay more focus on where you are in the table.

R

ronn6583

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to see my stack in bb (regardless of whether I'm playing a cash game or a tournament).

B

bnasp2

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just recently switch to BBs in tournaments (I rarely play cash game) and I must admit is for better for me.
I should switch much sooner. Its not even being scared by big numbers of chips, but it gives super quick view of how deep the table is.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The later on and the higher the blinds get the more I find myself flipping in between Bb and chips. Final tables are BB mode for sure

smallfrie

smallfrie

Lucky Ducky
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
BB view of course. The number of bigs is what I use in live tournaments as well, I just have to make that calculation in my head, it is very convenient online (At ACR) to have that calculation made not only for me but everyone at the table. I can't see not using it. You should be calculating the number BB's for everyone at the table anyway, having it already done makes it way easier.

regata123

regata123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now , when playing , I save the total number of chips . I didn't transfer chips to the big blinds .

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Later in the tournament I change into the bb count. It's more useful as far as my actioons at the table are concerned.

J

Jonex

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've been playing online poker for two years now, and I prefer displaying in chips.
But it's been in my mind to change my habits, and try BB:s. :eek:

Bacarino01

Bacarino01

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Im new in poker and i get confused to keep it BB.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

When I started playing poker (not very long ago) I used a site with a default view of chips (not BB):

View attachment 275731

I'm now accustomed to this and use this default view on all sites. I occassionally toggle to BB view to check where I stand in relation to the other stacks, but I use chip view for all streets of betting etc.

Am I missing something important by avoiding BB view and am I creating a bad habit that will impact my long term potential for success?

I for one switched to BB's mid 4 tabling once and within 20 minutes busted on every table at least one buy in. For some crazy reason I just understand the actual dollars and cents so much more. To each their own. But for me it's what works. and if it aint broke.....

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
The number of BB doesn't work at all for me, I only use the number of chips. I started out using number of chips and that's what I've gotten used to.

This ^ was the same for me but I've long since made the move to having all my chip stacks displayed in bb's.... especially in tournaments.

For cash games it took me a lot longer to convert to bb's. I was so familiar with bet sizing in 'cash'... ie. preflop 3-bet sizing, in position, out of position, while squeezing OOP or in Position that it felt foreign to do it in bb's but just recently I've switched cash game stacks over to bb's now too.

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After reading this thread I've decided to give BB display a chance

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
prefer in BB it's easier

pokerace_1

pokerace_1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to win an MTT tournament , there is one rule that few people use .The first 5 levels need to use chip count to play and then switch to BB!!:)
GL!

Akuana

Akuana

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I found where to switch it and now I'm trying to play with the display of the blinds. Let's see how I can bear it.
But in general, I also think that information about how many blinds I have is more important than information about the number of chips.

M

mrc1988

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

View attachment 275731

I wanted to add a reply to this from earlier. I actually tried using BBs for the first ime 2 days ago for a long stretch of time and it actually made it a little easier to switch between stakes if I wanted. I never even thought of why this would be a good idea, but it worked out great in practice. I also found it slightly easier to quantify whether a pot was worth putting money into.

I think I am officially converted. Embarrassed to say I played so long without it like this!

Ragonesi

Ragonesi

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First phases of the tournament I do the chip count, once you go further to the tournament switching to BB makes your calls and reading of the game more precise, you know exactly what the opponent is doing in terms of C-bet, value bet, if he really has a good hand, etc.

BoddJonar

BoddJonar

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jeez I didn't realize there was so many people prefering chip instead of bb view lol.

I prefer BB because atleast for me I find it easier if I know how many BBs are in each players stacks. I think it's a good way to estimate a players hand range.

This is obviously only for MTTs and SnGs.

N

Niykk

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip vs Bb

For me is better to have the chip count displayed and calculate it in BB in my head.