Do you just give up?

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont give up but will play for a good hand to try and get my chips back.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the level of tilt that I'm on. If I'm feeling good or at least not bad. I'll play to win. Comebacks happen if you pick your spots well. On the other hand I know there is another freeroll bus rolling into the station soon that I can get on. It's kind of like hitting the reset button on the video game when things don't go your way.

U

underdog140

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As the saying goes ... a chip and a chair.

If I am being honest there was a time or two I have given up for random different reasons. Its a bad habit to get into as crazy things happen in poker.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is all in the head guys, you should try to keep your playing time at an optimum, playing too much causes you to play worse, in my opinion. Try playing only 5-6 hours a week and see where it goes

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play freerolls, it depends on my mood on the game. But mostly I keep fighting to the end. There were cases when the stack could be recovered.

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ship or sit out and leave.. I always tag and note these players.. usefull info!

I was giving up before but since I won from 9BB once, I never give up. You never know when someone will shove maybe to rebuy or bluff and use it to grow yours!!!

Keep on the good play!

-TRP-

I will keep this in mind. I wonder if i have been tagged . :D . It's not that I hate losing, it's more that i don't think that i can make a comeback to get to the final table with my chip amount compared to others. So i give up and go all in with with I feel is a good hand. Maybe I should stick it out.....

UberRogue

UberRogue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick it out. I cant count the numbet of times Ive made a comeback.

I have also noticed more people will call in a pre-flop shove if your the new short stack.

Last night it happened. I was chip lead with 100bb or so. Flopped a straight. Checked and the second stack leader made a 5 bb bet.

By the end we were both all in and was mad at myself for not noticing the flush draw and he had the nuts.

I was left with 8bb. Next hand I got pocketd aa..... so I shoved and the whole table went all in. Won that hand and 30 minutes later the table was empty except me.

P

pecam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that in freerolls and buy-in tournaments players who lose most of their stacks, just give up and go all-in with anything the next hand. For me 99% of the time I don't give up.. To me it's a challenge to try and comeback. How about you?

Of course I've had a lot of practice playing with the short stack. :)
I totally agree with you, even if you are really short, you can always win so keep focus and play well. It's the best way to win money

belizebum

belizebum

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BZ
Chips
Chip and a chair. There is always room for a comeback. Sometimes I have just given up. Usually if I feel the cards just havent been coming my way. Most of the time, I will stick it out and try to get back in it. If there is a rebuy, I will chuck my chips if it is near the end of late registration. Usually puts me back in the middle of the pack instead of the bottom.

Kirs10c

Kirs10c

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stick it out. I cant count the numbet of times Ive made a comeback.

I have also noticed more people will call in a pre-flop shove if your the new short stack.

Last night it happened. I was chip lead with 100bb or so. Flopped a straight. Checked and the second stack leader made a 5 bb bet.

By the end we were both all in and was mad at myself for not noticing the flush draw and he had the nuts.

I was left with 8bb. Next hand I got pocketd aa..... so I shoved and the whole table went all in. Won that hand and 30 minutes later the table was empty except me.

Love the come-back story!

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hello.
Most of the tournaments I play are freerolls. I always try to be patient and wait for strong cards. Thanks to this, I managed to significantly increase my bankroll over the last year.

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never give up! A comeback story is the best kind of story and it is way more possible than most people think to come come back from one bb to win a tourney (particularly 1bb post ante)!

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I also try to wait for the best possible moment.

M

moisimoia

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I notice that in freerolls and buy-in tournaments players who lose most of their stacks, just give up and go all-in with anything the next hand. For me 99% of the time I don't give up.. To me it's a challenge to try and comeback. How about you?

Depends on the mood

Fishmasterbaiter

Fishmasterbaiter

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello!

I almost always try to build it back up. Have success probably about half the time. Good question.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I never quit no matter how down in chips I am and believe me, the feeling of victory when I do come back and win the tournament is a great.

O

onlynuts19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never give up. even though if I have 7BB left I`m waiting for best cards and go allin. I don`t like giving up in anything and for me its forbidden in gambling

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

All depends as it is very frustrating, I try to stay in as long as I can. If I am down to two BB I go all in if the cards are at least half platable.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, you should always do your best to never let your stack get under 10BB. However, this isn't always possible. For example, you might call an all-in by somebody who you have just slightly covered and lose the hand. If you are 5BB or less, you pretty much have to shove the best thing you get before the blinds get to you again. However, you should always pick the most advantageous hand + situation to shove. If you have a few hands before the blinds get to you, you can fold some junk hands and hope for something better. Most importantly, never give up ! In this game, it's very possible to double up 2 or 3 times and get yourself right back into good shape. In a satellite tournament I just played, I was down to around 8K when blinds/antes were 600/1200/100. I managed to get my stack back up to 36K and just barely missed earning a spot in the bigger tournament.