Do you have certain player(s) that get you rattled?

Gutshot Gus

Gutshot Gus

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play regularly in the US & Friends freerolls and am constantly in the top 10 in points.
There are a couple of players that are way down in the points, but I seem to have a hard time with.
Does anyone else have this happen to them and how to approach it.
Should I just avoid getting in hands with them, or look for reasons to get them to play?
I almost always have my money in with the best hand and seem to lose anyhow.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
So are you planning on always coming at least or lower?

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play regularly in the US & Friends freerolls and am constantly in the top 10 in points.
There are a couple of players that are way down in the points, but I seem to have a hard time with.
Does anyone else have this happen to them and how to approach it.
Should I just avoid getting in hands with them, or look for reasons to get them to play?
I almost always have my money in with the best hand and seem to lose anyhow.

Challenge them, play your hands more aggressively when you hit the flop, you want to go after them for pushing you around.

Their dominance over you ends tonight. Because you're a Peeler crab, with sharp pincers....what are you?

Eduard0Felipe

Eduard0Felipe

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't know if I understand, are you complaining about less qualified players, technically inferior?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm just taking notes when the opponents start to do something reckless. This is to remind you of him at the next meeting. It is impossible to allow a situation when one of the players at the table can make you lose your temper.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you find a particular player to be a tough opponent, it is acceptable to try to avoid them a little bit. Like maybe you have a hand, which is near the bottom of your normal range, and then you just fold it, if the tough player has already entered the pot. Or you dont open some marginal hand like JTo into the tough players big blind.

But it sounds like, this is more about some bad beats. And then the answer is, that there is no such thing as a player, who always get lucky. Even so in cash games it can be ok to move to another table, if you feel, that a certain opponent is just owning you. But in tournaments this is not possible, and then you need to control such irrational feelings and not let past outcomes impact your decisions.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
No? I am never going to avoid going h2h against certain players. In fact usually i am rather doing whatever it takes to get them axed from tournaments ASAP :unsure:

JappsPK

JappsPK

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Keep solid plays and you should won them. You already know how to play against, probably.