Do you have any type of routine or preparation before a poker tournament starts?

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Personally, I just make sure to have a drink on hand, listen to music, and take a short walk if I feel it's necessary.

Achrarock

Achrarock

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
MA
Chips
Of course a cup of coffee and favorite music playing

Plytbl4

Plytbl4

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
Usually this is a study of the style of regular players, most of whom you will meet on the way to the main prizes and analysis of your mistakes

kabokinha

kabokinha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Yes, I usually stop everything I'm doing about 30 minutes beforehand to participate in the tournament with full focus

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
No, I don't have a poker mode. I play when I have time to play poker to get away from everything, I take food and drink and water with me to drink before the game and enjoy life and play poker I also try to play poker very well. As I study and train every day, but sometimes luck in poker decides so we always play well and hope we make it to the big bucks

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't have anything specific. I just like to be well rested.

yogo9

yogo9

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
Exercise always helps, keeps both your body and mind sharp, Relax as much as possible and enjoy the game, Take it seriously and concentrate.

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Personally, I just make sure to have a drink on hand, listen to music, and take a short walk if I feel it's necessary.
My routine before a tournament is very simple:

1 - Before turning on the computer, bless it with a sprig of Losna and holy water.
2 - I pray thirty Our Fathers and 30 Hail Marys.
3 - I place all my amulets next to my computer.
4 - I leave a photo of Daniel Negreanu next to my computer, to give me inspiration and to get a good read on my opponents.
5 - A jug of cold water, because good hydration is important at this time.
6 - A box with 60 tranquilizer tablets, black label, because playing the Cardschat freerolls is not easy.
7 - A large jug of my favorite juice, very cold, especially at this time of year, it's incredibly hot in the south of brazil.
8 - Three packets of biscuits, as I have to stay fed during the game.
9 - A bunch of banana, a good source of potassium, helps a lot with gameplay, preventing cramps during gameplay.
10 - And to close a thermos of coffee with hot milk.

Just that.😁

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lots of water and something to multitask so I’m not so bored

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Most important by far: Toilet: check!
(Having to pee makes you wanna lose fast)
You have a point, it's something you really can't overlook. Thank you for enlightening us with your wisdom, hahaha. I'm taking notes.

Veralt

Veralt

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
My routine before a tournament is very simple:

1 - Before turning on the computer, bless it with a sprig of Losna and holy water.
2 - I pray thirty Our Fathers and 30 Hail Marys.
3 - I place all my amulets next to my computer.
4 - I leave a photo of Daniel Negreanu next to my computer, to give me inspiration and to get a good read on my opponents.
5 - A jug of cold water, because good hydration is important at this time.
6 - A box with 60 tranquilizer tablets, black label, because playing the Cardschat freerolls is not easy.
7 - A large jug of my favorite juice, very cold, especially at this time of year, it's incredibly hot in the south of Brazil.
8 - Three packets of biscuits, as I have to stay fed during the game.
9 - A bunch of banana, a good source of potassium, helps a lot with gameplay, preventing cramps during gameplay.
10 - And to close a thermos of coffee with hot milk.

Just that.😁
I'm not sure if you're going camping or if you're the priest of a church, but let me know if the ritual works for you; I'll be keeping an eye out haha

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I have a routine: I prepare a cup of tea and then hit the grind. 😄

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
It depends on the money that is at stake, if for example it is a Sunday Million, I sleep well the night before, have breakfast, go for a walk... I take a shower and prepare some snacks to have on hand while I play, I also put on a set list of songs that I like and put me in a good mood.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Yes. I like to go to the bathroom, take a glass of water and put my glsses on.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I just make my coffee and pray !
No one knows what I will encounter again during the session! :p

Dobbler1

Dobbler1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I like to play some cash game. That way I'm "in the zone" from the start, rather than working my way in.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I don't have any special routine or ritual, I just try to be as focused as possible, from time to time I listen to music and avoid anything that could distract me and of course I try to play when I'm full of energy.