Do you find it difficult to bluff in a freeroll???

Do you find it difficult to bluff in a freeroll???

• forever

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • never

• sometimes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • I'm a great bluffer in every tournament

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I play safe, I'm not bluffing

• Total voters
Claudiunm

Claudiunm

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
There are 3 moments in a tournament:
1- start
2- half
3- end.

If it's a freeroll, don't bluff at first. maybe bluff the middle very carefully. And bluff a little more at the end when you have draws. There are many kamikases at the beginning of a tournament. As you advance the game level starts to improve.

P

Phyrrura

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I heard that some famous player once said: "never bluff idiots". freerolls are the main place to find those idiots, so it's really hard to bluff them out of a pot, but sometimes u can and u should. Just take care, the more u are being agressive against them, more they gonna call u down with mediocre hands.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thanks to all the comments. Let's continue with this survey.
Option 3 "sometimes" continues to win with a great advantage in percentage
It strikes me that option 5 "I play safe, I'm not lying" has so many votes, because according to the experts, this would be almost impossible in poker.
I believe in those who play safe without bluffing, because in my beginnings in poker it was very difficult for me to bluff something that I have been learning like everyone else ;););)(y)(y)(y)

darkvick

darkvick

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I guess there is the right time to do this. On early game, don't think about it. There are so much calling stations, but at mid to end game you must to bluff, it's a part of the game. If you don't bluff, your play get weak.

O

odonob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not generally a good strategy in freerolls. A lot of players will Plough in with one pair or a weak flush draw. Only really advisable when you have a big stack.

E

ElietonPKR

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
Very difficult, many players call a lot with marginal hands

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
sometimes it's easy other times it's not, what happens is that in a freeroll it's easier for them not to believe you because many don't care if they lose or not, on the other hand in a paid entry tournament we tend to think more about the idea of not lose our investment, everything will depend on the reading you can get from the table

Ruslan L

Ruslan L

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
tell me about your experiences
Cheers :):):)
I treat freerolls the same way I treat regular buy-in tournaments. Therefore, it is not difficult for me to bluff. I bluff only when I am sure of the weakness of my opponent and in 80-90% of cases my bluff is successful.

P

Peteski84

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
At the begining of freeroll it doesnt count as a bluff its just trying your luck. Once the game has started getting serious then bluffs can work but as with all bluff it is at your own risk.

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If you have reads on your opponent and you read his weakness on some boards (for example, according to their bets), then the probability of a successful bluff becomes very high. Especially if this opponent knows you're playing tight and you have the image of a non-bluffer.

I made a lot of bluff raises with complete "garbage" in yesterday's cardschat freeroll for the experiment in such spots as described above - and all these bluffs worked...

P. S. The main thing is not to cross the line with the number of such bluffs and maintain a tight image...

Last edited:
W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I give you only trash hands for 30-50 hands, then there's no choice but bluffing whether it's good or not is another question, but sitting around the game and waiting for a strong hand is stupid, especially when you get good cards, it doesn't mean you'll win with them

monkeytilter

monkeytilter

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can and should be bluffing in freerolls.
Trick is picking the right spots, trying to bluff the river in a 6 way pot on the river after every street has been called isn't one!

With such weak ranges being played cbetting flops with the right texture is very profitable particularly with ridiculously small sizes versus villains that are playing fit or fold! (Say 1/5th pot cbet.. only has to work one time in in 6 to auto profit!!)

Remember a bluff doesn't have to work every time, only as often as required to make it profitable, this directly relates to how much the bluff costs.. full pot has to work 50% of the time, half pot 33% etc. Just be realistic about what you are trying to get to fold!

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it is harder than in buy in tournaments because in a freeroll players will be more willing to call . but it is still worth it and will work in a decent amount of time

AlphaCentauro

AlphaCentauro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey 👋
There is that 1 time out of thousand when I will bluff and succeed, all the other times I get destroyed. I personally try not to bluff at all especially in freerolls. I find most freerolls players to be at the very bottom of the food chain because they just don’t care and have nothing to lose.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The further in time the game goes on freerolls, the more bluffing works, but only if you rarely use it. Because there are fewer and fewer bad players who play thoughtlessly and may not believe you.

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's just almost impossible to bluff due to the fact that people dont care, I've seen a table with all 8 went all in when the first raiser had AA, of course he lost :D , build a bankroll and start to play higher tournaments (y)

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I try to play according to instructions, but since my time is late, I usually break down and show off my chips, just get up early in the morning (this applies to daily freerolls), as for weekend freerolls are not adding up yet.