Do you find it difficult to bluff in a freeroll???

Do you find it difficult to bluff in a freeroll???

• forever

Votes: 5 11.9%
  • never

• sometimes

Votes: 27 64.3%
  • I'm a great bluffer in every tournament

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • I play safe, I'm not bluffing

• Total voters
jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
tell me about your experiences
Cheers :):):)

Last edited:
Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The point is, it's not that it's hard to bluff in a freeroll, the hard thing is to make this bluff go through, especially in a freeroll, where guys call with any rubbish.
I think bluffing is a powerful weapon in poker, and I believe that if you don't bluff, you will hardly be able to win a tournament, especially when it comes to a freeroll.
I've seen some comments here in the chat, saying that they never bluff and manage to win a tournament, it can even happen, but it's one in life and another in death.
But remember for a bluff to pass, the story has to be told well, from beginning to end, the villain has to believe his story.
Just my opinion, I don't own the truth, and I'm not better than anyone else.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
The point is, it's not that it's hard to bluff in a freeroll, the hard part is to make this bluff happen, especially in a freeroll, where the boys match up with any rubbish.
I think bluffing is a powerful weapon in poker, and I think that if you don't bluff, you can hardly win a tournament, especially when it's a freeroll.
I've seen some comments here in the chat, saying that they never bluff and manage to win a tournament, it can even happen, but it's one in life and the other in death.
But remember that for a bluff to pass, the story must be well told, from beginning to end, the villain must believe his story.
Just my opinion, I don't own the truth, and I'm no better than anyone else.
Thank you brother for the answer.
My question focuses on freerolls because it's very difficult for me to bluff in a freeroll, it's harder for me to even sell the story of the good guy, because they pay you with any rubbish.
What's more, I tried to bluff in very good handwriting at the table, with players seeing my powerful hands and they paid me 22 after having Aces Kings for color in the showdown.
In valuable tournaments, this situation varies a lot for me.
Cheers;););)

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Bluff is part of Poker, without Bluff you don't get where you want, but be careful, if I've bluffed in a freeroll, several times, I won, I lost, but it's falling that we learn to get up, good luck and make sure that your opponent will believe your bluff

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you run into calling stations, you should not be trying to bluff them, you should be trying to value own them when you have a hand.

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
in the freerolls the villain doesn't even let go of the fifth pair on the table.kkkkk

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
no, it's a free tournament, I'll cure it, it's okay, but bluffing brings pleasure

10gerka

10gerka

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes I do find it difficult because most players pay very often with speculative hands, that's why I feel they won't fold and it's hard for me to bluff them very often.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's a big freeroll with thousands of players, bluff is almost impossible because 99% of the times someone will call you, specially in the first levels. In the middle to end of the tournament, I think it's easier to bluff because usually the crazy players are already out of the tournament.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
If it's a big freeroll with thousands of players, bluffing is almost impossible because 99% of the time someone will match you, especially in the first few levels. I think it's easier to bluff between the middle and the end of the tournament because, usually, crazy players are already out of the tournament.
That's true brother
In general, it's more accessible for me to bluff in a buy-in tournament or in a freeroll in decisive stages than at the start of the freeroll, where everything is a real catastrophe.
Cheers;););)

lilypond

lilypond

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
GB
Chips
I find that a lot of people will call my bluffs during freerolls, especially during the early stages and when I don't have good player reads. If you are playing a hand against a player is tight or you have a reputation as a player who only plays Premium cards and good hands, then it's much easier to get players to fold when you are bluffing.

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
A lot depends on the value of this freeroll for me... Mostly I play like a regular tournament and bluff where the situation allows without compromising the final result. Freeroll with rebuy I play in the mode all in / fold, before the addon anyway. And there is almost no bluff either on my part or on the part of opponents..:cool:

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
If it is difficult for me to do it, because I know that since it is a freeroll, players tend to risk more than normal and can play a little more aggressively, which makes it difficult to bluff

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You won't win or go deep in tourneys if you don't bluff, does not matter if it's a freeroll or not. Trying to pick the spots to bluff is the important part, and against which players is also important. There is no point in trying to bluff the loose type player, semi-bluffing those types are better, it is always good to have some sort of showdown value against those loose players.

lyki67

lyki67

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BA
Chips
Yes. To many players and no fees. Always is someone all-in or call with bad cards, but they are lucky.

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thank you all for continuing to participate in my survey.
It is very good to see all the comments and everyone's general agreement is that, although we all agree that bluffing is an essential part of the game, we all find it difficult to bluff in a freeroll especially in the early stages.
For that reason option 3 "sometimes" is the one that wins in percentage well above the other options.
Let's continue participating in the survey and seeing other opinions.
Thank you and greetings ;););)

jonaselloco

jonaselloco

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
A lot depends on the value of this freeroll for me... I generally play like a regular tournament and bluff where the situation allows it without compromising the final result. Freeroll with buyback I play in the all-in/fold mode, before the add-on anyway. And there is almost no bluff either on my part or on the part of the opponents. :Cold:
My game is quite similar to yours Irina.
We'll meet at a table
greetings and thanks;);););)

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
There is no point in trying to bluff the loose type player, semi-bluffing those types are better, it is always good to have some sort of showdown value against those loose players.
Yes it is. I can easily outbluff everyone :)

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
No, it is not difficult to bluff in a freeroll, because it is a tournament with the same rules! I can say that I bluff easier because the game is more loose and I can experement more.

gravii2011

gravii2011

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I don't think it's possible to bluff in freerolls. Sometimes they go all in with these hands and players win.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
I think it is not good for a player to bluff in a freeroll until 75% of the participants who are not interested in freeroll tournaments have been eliminated.
GL