Do you do any preparation or meditation before a tournament?

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see that there are people who have their own ritual before a game like meditation, breath control and others, what do you think about that? How do you usually prepare for a game?

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see that there are people who have their own ritual before a game like meditation, breath control and others, what do you think about that? How do you usually prepare for a game?

my preparation is to stay focused before the tournament starts and think about all my strategies and how I should act in each situation.

I keep thinking about how I'm going to act on the bubble, how I'm going to act with 20 blinds, how I'm going to act on a cold call, how I'm going to act chipleader.

adapting to situations also requires a lot of focus.

Acechador

Acechador

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EC
Chips
I don't have a ritual, however when I am going to play a tournament, the day before I try to enjoy it a lot, I go for a walk, watch a comedy movie, read something that makes me feel good, eat well, sleep 8 hours and do a workout routine before I sit down and play.

I think that prepares me for a long day of 6 or more hours in front of the computer.

Xupakabraz

Xupakabraz

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have two cats, usually at least one of them is on my knees. Cat purring is the best way to get relaxed and concentrated.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Personally, I don't have any real preparation. Basically, I just make sure that I don't start the tournament hungry, have something to drink and try to stay focused.

If it's an important event, I definitely make sure I get enough sleep the night before to make sure I can be fit and focused.

hilary antonik filho

hilary antonik filho

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't usually do any kind of preparation, but I think this kind of attitude is cool, I think carefully before turning on the NOT, how many tournaments I'm going to participate in, how much money I'm going to need, the strategy I'm going to use during each tournament

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sleep! Nothing matters as much as a good night’s sleep beforehand.

A

Anders1616

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree a good sleep , a good chair and a relaxed state of mind is needed before you start a tournament.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I just take care to be in good condition before the game and already have some rest.

Only_player

Only_player

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Im very lazy to do that)) But sometimes im watch streems with hi-rollers)

MDCCP

MDCCP

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I get the Chips and the Beer all around me before It starts !

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don’t usually make any preparation. I only think my strategie, drink some water and listen music :)

Sorry for my bad english :D

kringoo

kringoo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I like to wake up very early,
eat well
and think about the moves and strategies to be played
and let's go upstairs

leoniq888

leoniq888

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Before MTT (in my time zone they often take place at night), I try to go to bed for at least 2 hours. Sleep before midnight is very important. That's what my preparation is all about.

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes for warm up I play at lower stakes. Also it's good to not play on an empty stomach. So I always have something to eat before or while playing. Jogging or/and working out before the game gives a boost to the brain 100%. I haven't tried meditation yet.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not at all. I just like to smoke a cigarette just before the game but i don't think it's preparation for the game.

Maximus1980340

Maximus1980340

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UZ
Chips
before the start of the tournament, I look at 1 hour and play talking drawing with my children, so that the brain does not relax much when you see how they are happy laughing, here is some good for preparing for the tournament, I sit down for the tournament like a new day.:)

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my preparation is to stay focused before the tournament starts and think about all my strategies and how I should act in each situation.

I keep thinking about how I'm going to act on the bubble, how I'm going to act with 20 blinds, how I'm going to act on a cold call, how I'm going to act chipleader.

adapting to situations also requires a lot of focus.

thanks for the answer, I try to stay focused only because sometimes a planned move doesn't work out because of the variance

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't have a ritual, however when I am going to play a tournament, the day before I try to enjoy it a lot, I go for a walk, watch a comedy movie, read something that makes me feel good, eat well, sleep 8 hours and do a workout routine before I sit down and play.

I think that prepares me for a long day of 6 or more hours in front of the computer.

really, sleeping well is very important, if at the time of the tournament you're sore, uncomfortable, we'll start hurting.

D

Dellamora999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes for warm up I play at lower stakes. Also it's good to not play on an empty stomach. So I always have something to eat before or while playing. Jogging or/and working out before the game gives a boost to the brain 100%. I haven't tried meditation yet.

I've never tried to meditate either, but they say it's good

BelFish

BelFish

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think it would be more useful sometimes to pray to the poker gods than to meditate :D

C

Chris1303

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t really prep just chill and play. And pray haha