Do you change your play?

S

s0ftdumps

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
At different times in the life cycle of a tournament, I see patterns. People are super tight at the start and on the bubble. People get really loose before a buy-in. Are there any I'm missing? do you exploit these patterns?

Fofa

Fofa

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
i change all the time because i dont know what i'm doing exacly :p and yes, i try to exploit when i see patterns... the big problem is for me to see that.

Gdefender

Gdefender

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
HU
Chips
Of course, I use different hands in different stages and positions of a competition! This can vary from person to person, some people use looser hands in the early stages of an MTT, some people use tighter hands in the early part of a competition, then as the number of people decreases, the strength or weakness of the hands used changes! Of course, the hands used depend a lot on the opponents and our position, as well as the BB!

waisichy

waisichy

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I change depending on the situation like you said but also who is on my table. Are there lots of short stacks? If so I might only play hands I’m comfortable calling all ins against. If people are tight I play loose. I also use my advantage of nobody knowing me if I switch table.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Different stages in a Tournament require a Different approach, as you have already stated players tend to tighten up their play coming up to the money bubble, So yes it can be an advantage to play more aggressively especially with better hands and push players off the Blinds.
There is nothing worse than getting A/A dealt and having them cracked by a garbage hand that would normally be folded pre-flop, and your opponent spikes a three of a kind with 7/2 off, So it's time to go big or go home!
Target the smaller stacks, because they are usually the tightest of players, all trying to survive long enough to make the money, but avoid the bigger stacks that might try and target you, Let's be honest "Big Fish eat Smaller Fish, but there are some Sharks out there" :):)

gustavofuentes2

gustavofuentes2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I change my play. In the biggening of the mtt i try usually sit for a while and study the players find out who is the plays tight or lose. After I feal that I have enough info, I start lose against tight players and tight against aggressive players. This usually builds me up a pretty good chip stack. The bad side about this is that then I start feeling that no one can beat me and I end up losing all my chips. LOL. Well, it's still difficult to control that urge of going all in when I Know better. LOL. I just keep telling myself that tomorrow will be a better day, then I move on. Good luck at the tables!!

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
The first golden rule of poker Maximize the size of the pots you win; Minimize your money in pots that you don't get.When you need to make a call decision, take into account the amount you need to contribute to the pot versus the size of the pot.Don't play too uniformly; Note the uniformity of your opponents' play.
I rarely change my game.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Of course you can change your game while playing, but this doesn't always happen you play poker the way you understand the game this is your game if the game changes just at the start because you don't have to invest much in the hand and look at the cards, and when prizes are close, everyone also plays very carefully because it's better to get prizes than not get that's all

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I prefer to play loose in the beginning levels as everyone is deep stacked which allows for more maneuvers post flop. As stacks become spread out, I play loose aggro with a big stack, and tight aggressive with middling or short stacks. Look for shove spots vs the wide opening range of the big aggro stacks ECT.