Difference between freeroll tournament and buy in tournaments?

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
I experienced that you need to avoid all ins with first 2/3 levels of the game
players go Q9 o all-in preflop and win
after you avoid this players in first levels with your A game (premium hands on position)
you can play a bit looser after 4/5 levels with average stack…

and with buy in tournaments they play more aggressive with bigg bets as cbets from beginning till end
I think you wil see less rivers without go n all-in.. that’s make buyin tournaments more difficult

but like I said freeroll s can allso be hard at some levels
sometimes you just fold AQ suited preflop all-in

2352B52E 8BC6 450A AC18 7839D260581F
Good luck everybody 🍀🍀🍀

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your observation of freerolls is correct.
A lot of players play freerolls with the aim to have a big stack in the first levels, so that they can play the bully style and push players around.
But this approach is very obvious, a lot of them are not really good players. If they have to make post flop decisions, they are mostly bad, even their preflop decisions are not great, if you check them with pokerstove, equilab or other tools of that kind. Mostly all are long term bad moves or -EV.
I see them often busted before the money, why? I color code them and see this color in the players list.

Last edited:
Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
Your observation of freerolls is correct.
A lot of players play freerolls with the aim to have a big Stack in the the first levels, so that they can play the bully style and push players around.
But this approach is very obvious, a lot of them are not really good players. If there have to make post flop decisions, they are mostly bad, even their preflop decisions are not great, if you check them with pokerstove, equilab or other tools of that kind. Mostly all are long term bad moves or -EV.
I see them often busted before the money, why? I color code them and see this color in the players list.
Haha me2 I color them allso , never make notice , the color red means to me ,dangerous/hot player ,like to gamble Q9 o preflop all in 😂😂 they’re all the same for me,that’s why no notice needed on color red 🤟🤟 good luck 🍀🍀

Goggelheimer

Goggelheimer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haha me2 I color them allso , never make notice , the color red means to me ,dangerous/hot player ,like to gamble Q9 o preflop all in 😂😂 they’re all the same for me,that’s why no notice needed on color red 🤟🤟 good luck 🍀🍀
Red is the maniac color coding for me too. ;)

It's so satisfying see them busted before the money. :ROFLMAO:

istbno

istbno

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Overall, freeroll tournaments provide an opportunity to play for prizes without any financial risk, making them appealing for players seeking low-cost or no-cost options. Buy-in tournaments offer the chance to compete for larger prize pools, but players must invest their own funds to participate. The choice between the two types of tournaments often depends on a player's objectives, bankroll, and preferences.

SL-247

SL-247

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
The thing is that playing freerolls won't make you into the red.

pavel1111111

pavel1111111

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
i guess you can find people that dont play almost every hand :)))

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
i guess you can find people that dont play almost every hand :)))
With freerolls it’s very difficult you need to double up your patients for that or wait hlf hour 3/4levels later you can play more agresive

Kerasuss28

Kerasuss28

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
NL
Chips
Overall, freeroll tournaments provide an opportunity to play for prizes without any financial risk, making them appealing for players seeking low-cost or no-cost options. Buy-in tournaments offer the chance to compete for larger prize pools, but players must invest their own funds to participate. The choice between the two types of tournaments often depends on a player's objectives, bankroll, and preferences.
I made 2 times from a daily freebie of 0,25 ct at GGPoker, 100$
first I won the spin and go and after I go to Omaha rush and cash and keep on doubling til 10 $
and so go to bigger buy ins like 5$ or 10$ buy in tables ..
so I turned 2 times 25cts to 100$ with zero deposit 🤟😂
was good feeling 5/6 hours of sessio.

A

AntoniodeLima0

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
The level of players who pay the buy-in is much higher, the complexity and seriousness of the tournament. Choosing hands with the correct positions to play is essential.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
many players tend to play very aggressive freerolls to get chips fast, and even though they have a lot of chips they continue to play very aggressive, what I think is that many players will have the thought: it's a freeroll, I'm not investing my money, if I lose I won't I don't care, and let's say they play much more freely, I try to play my normal game whether it's a freeroll or a buy-in tournament, sometimes I think that when you play the freerolls like that you can acquire bad habits and you take them to the buy in tournaments

ramdon p358

ramdon p358

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
There are many differences; the prize to be distributed, the way to play, you can play more hands in a freeroll and the time in which a free tournament ends is even shorter