Deposit more or keep grinding?

rogerdelpk

rogerdelpk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think you have to play really from 0 and then build from bankroll, besides if you deposit $100 you maybe will be playing higher stakes and with better players.......

Ducbim

Ducbim

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is quite hard to build a decent bankroll playing $55c tournament. I think you should invest more money and move up to at least $3-5, where the game is still beatable. You will need a 100BI bankroll or $300-500. Good luck at the tables.

mendiolacubicle

mendiolacubicle

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep grinding, make it your last deposit and make it grow from there! Wishing you all the luck and skill you need on your journey! :)

P

polda

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i dont think there is any difference between $0.55 and $1 and even the $3.50..

My advice is dont deposit and concentrate on playing more volume. Multitabling is a key. 13 games is definitely not relevant sample size.

Y

YouPay4MyCrack

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you get to the point where you need to redeposit then maybe grinding your way back up is the way to go, it's great practice for higher value games and you won't wanna get to that point again.

B

badalhoco345

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With a BR of $65 I think you are making the right choice when you play $0,55 tournaments. It had happens to me too. When I have a BR like yours I only play regular turbo tournaments of $0,11, $0,27 and $0,55 (in pokerstars). When I have increased my BR over $100 I began to add to the tournaments the $0,82 ones. And so on and so on...
Nowadays my BR is over $400 and I play the tournaments that I mencioned before and also the $1,35 KO and the $2,20 Micro tournaments.
When I get a BR over $700 or $800, I will begin to play the $2,70 KO and the $5,50 tornaments.
We have to go step by step.

A2345Razz

A2345Razz

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's time to go ahead and make a nice 200 dollar deposit and begin to play 2-3.30s on Stars.....probably the 180s, if those still exist.

They are super beatable if you have shove fold down cold, and there is some decent competition there to practice against.

Just my 2 cents.

VizziVizo

VizziVizo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have any bankroll it is no sense to deposit,play more and try to make your BR better with that you have now)

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say personally the level it seems like your playing could definately do the same thing with 5NL's. i'd say if you have the $$$, do some higher stakes and see how it goes. i'm sure you will pull out +

TomLeach

TomLeach

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would say personally the level it seems like your playing could definately do the same thing with 5NL's. i'd say if you have the $$$, do some higher stakes and see how it goes. i'm sure you will pull out +

Hey buddy, im currently playing deep ante 5NL, and crushing, you can find the link to my blog/thread in my sig. See you at the tables :)

TempoShaman

TempoShaman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
had a feeling you would :), doing the smaller stakes probably just helped you so much in the long run with expirience as well.

thetick33

thetick33

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
So, after a few casual years of being a poker player (losing), I decided to take it up properly, so several books down and too numerous forum hours later, I would now consider myself a winning player, My BR is around 65$, and i play the 0.55c MTT tourneys (generally the cap ones (super soft) or sometimes a turbo if its undersubbed etc).

In the last couple of days I have played maybe 13 of these (will check the exact number on PT4 later), and have cashed in 5, winning 1 (for around 14$).

Now, i know i can not expect an ITM of 40%, and having played a few more, its down to around 25% ( played several more and only cashed one.)

My question is, from people who have built up their BR, do you think I should conmtinue as i am slowly grinding the 55c tourneys with a min cash of 57c, or deposit another 100$ and get myself rolled for the 1$ tourneys, so my winnings arent raped by the rake as much?

This is just MTT, I am capable at cash games (5NL mainly to avoid similar rake problems), but have been really focusing on tournament strategy recently, so thats why i play much more of these...

Any questions, please ask :)

P.S. This doesnt include shots i take at the 1$ tourneys (in which i have played 3, and cashed once, (for 3.3$)

Havent read the other posts or responses just this. Hopefully this is not long winded. THIS IS ANSWER FROM YOU(meaning you know yourself) If you lose all your money are you going to be ok?

First question ask self is are you comfortable. I think that is the biggest question people need to ask themselves when playing poker. Do you feel in your element or outside your element. Do you expect to win? Are you ok if lose?

Now if you can answer all this honestly truthfully move on UP TO THE STARS lol. Old school jeffersons hitting in head lol.

Anyway that is the key to grinding to me you got to be at level are comfortable. The money has to be secondary to love of game and continuation of growth as a player.

As side note as have said on these walls in past is ok to say heck im not comfortable here I gave it a shot im going back down!!

I hope this all makes sense and gl my friend hope to see you sometime at tables and you do well.

exidas

exidas

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At this point I wont deposit and just keep playing, try SnG with bigger buy-in if it goes good try and tourneys :)

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not recommend to make a Deposit, you are relatively good progress, keep rolling.

zveri666

zveri666

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The best thing you can do is keep grinding your current bankroll and move up slowly. It could be tedeous, but if you are successful, then nothing will stop you! good luck

heroinsnattaren

heroinsnattaren

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep grinding and play a few higher buy in tournys with your profits. When you start winning them you can slowly move yourself up the stakes.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I would keep grinding, and would not deposit
as a matter of fact, I deposited few years ago last time :)
and on some new poker site, just deposit to get the real money account and keep grinding