telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a tournament

When I can to think “I am deep stack” against my opponents?!

Quanto the condicion in the middle tournament I LL deep stack.

I need to have deep stack only in the table, for the play very agressive?!

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, you are referring to a situation, where you can "bully" the table, because losing a big pot will hurt the other players much more, that it will hurt you. This will depend not only on the chip distribution, but also the stage of the tournament. Near the bubble and on the final table ICM is way more important, than it is early on and also post bubble but before the final table.

So if for instance the tournament just began, and you dubbled up through another player, because you had AA, and he had KK, and you got your hold, then this will not tend to matter very much. The other players still have at least 100BB with typical MTT structures, and the fact, you now have 200BB, has very little impact on the game play.

In a similar fashion it also wont matter much to have 50BB just after the bubble burst, if you are still far from the final table, and the other players have 10-30BB. They will all be looking to accumulate chips to make a run for the final table, so they are generally not going to make a nitty fold, just because you have them covered.

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In a tournament

When I can to think “I am deep stack” against my opponents?!

Quanto the condicion in the middle tournament I LL deep stack.

I need to have deep stack only in the table, for the play very agressive?!
The first thing that comes to mind in deep stack tournaments is ... Get ready for a VERY long day if you decide to play one of these tournaments. Especially for $ 11. Some people underestimate the difficulty of playing one of these tournaments when they first sit down to play it.They understand what they were doing only 7 hours later, when the bubble still hasn't burst. The $ 11 deep-stack tournament can last up to 20 hours! Make sure, if you decide to play one of them, that you start playing it at the beginning of your playing day, and that you have no appointments for that day; I've seen a bunch of players get to the final two tables and then mysteriously disappear from the game; apparently, they had to go to work, or leave the computer club.