***December's Darned Decimating Tournaments THREAD***

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its cool man! arghh yeah I know the feeling, and its such a long slog to even get down to the final 18/27/36 and you make minimal money for like 5/6 hours worth of poker lol suppose thats what you get for a $1 rebuy tourney :/

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have cashed but just lost a massive coin toss! had AK but lost to JJ! pretty much lost 2/3 of my stack but will hopefully double up and get back in the game.

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm out! 123rd! 4 hours worth poker for a measly £2.62 profit haha Good day overall though. nice steady increase in my bankroll :)

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm 5/109 in the FTP 2k GTD. SHIPPIT

J

Justinawe12

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Took 25th in the Bovada $11 4K guaranteed for a payout of $31. Shoved AKs into the chip leader who calls with AA. Needless to say, it didn't work out haha..

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Johnboy how did you finish? also whats your plans for today? may join you in a few of them tourneys again..

R

RamdeeBen

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thinking of doing some Hypers in the new year, getting bored shitless with cash games. Anyone one else play hypers? If so is it worth starting a hyper start thread or some shit?

As you know from my staking request thread, I'm doing hypers.

I assume based on your cash game/tournament buy-in's on avg, you will likely be playing higher limits ? Either way, would be good to get a thread started to post some interesting spots that might arise.

How much experience do you have in hypers?

I have one here actually;

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 12 Ante (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t1409)
Button (t31)
Hero (SB) (t1560)

Hero's M: 7.22

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4
heart.gif
, 4
club.gif

1 fold, Hero bets t1548 (All-In), BB calls t1277 (All-In)

Flop: (t2830) 9
club.gif
, J
spade.gif
, 6
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t2830) 9
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2830) 5
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2830

Results:
Hero had 4
heart.gif
, 4
club.gif
(two pair, nines and fours).
BB had 6
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: BB won t2830

I think the most standard spot to jam any two in this spot vs him as he can't even profitably call AA based on the ICM I don't think? Maybe I'm off but I think shove>fold in this spot..

Last edited:
Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you know from my staking request thread, I'm doing hypers.

I assume based on your cash game/tournament buy-in's on avg, you will likely be playing higher limits ? Either way, would be good to get a thread started to post some interesting spots that might arise.

How much experience do you have in hypers?

I have one here actually;

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, 1.5 Tournament, 60/120 Blinds 12 Ante (3 handed) - PokerStars Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

saw flop | saw showdown

BB (t1409)
Button (t31)
Hero (SB) (t1560)

Hero's M: 7.22

Preflop: Hero is SB with 4
heart.gif
, 4
club.gif

1 fold, Hero bets t1548 (All-In), BB calls t1277 (All-In)

Flop: (t2830) 9
club.gif
, J
spade.gif
, 6
heart.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Turn: (t2830) 9
diamond.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

River: (t2830) 5
club.gif
(2 players, 2 all-in)

Total pot: t2830

Results:
Hero had 4
heart.gif
, 4
club.gif
(two pair, nines and fours).
BB had 6
spade.gif
, A
heart.gif
(two pair, nines and sixes).
Outcome: BB won t2830

I think the most standard spot to jam any two in this spot vs him as he can't even profitably call AA based on the ICM I don't think? Maybe I'm off but I think shove>fold in this spot..

I've played quite a few, but to be honest I'm just mashing buttons. Would like to actually start looking at some theory and discussing situations. Probs start at $3.50's just to see how it goes before making a decision to stick with them.

The hand above, against a reg I would probably expect to see him call with a wider range than you'd expect. He probably understands that you will be pushing really wide. I understand what you're saying with the shorty so short, but they always call wider than you think.

WOuld be nice to start discussing some shoving/calling ranges and different blind levels etc.

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Johnboy how did you finish? also whats your plans for today? may join you in a few of them tourneys again..

Busted final 2 or 3 tables. Story of my month so far. Time to change that today. Got a bunch lined up ready to go from 2.

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UL Man. Hopefully a few final tables for you today :) Think we are registered in a few of the same today. Mainly playing the $2, $3 knockouts and could of the small guarantees. Had a nightmre this morning though.. always seem to run bad in the mornings, perhaps I should stay offline until I hsve proper awoken lol

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah seen you in both my games so far, hopefully see you at some final tables!

Pascal-lf

Pascal-lf

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

We talked about this in Skype but I think you also have to consider that if he wins this pot his chip stack is worth so ridic close to 1st place, as you'll have 100 chips and the other guy will have 31. So if he wins the hand he's basically a lock to win the tournament. I'm not sure that much on ICM tho, it's ****ing complicated

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After losing over half my BR yesterday, I have just come joint 1st in the 3k guarantee on FT! 6 hours of poker but I am now $585 richer :) Lovelly little Christmas pressie :) WOOP WOOP

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice one Tom! I took 3rd in the $1k $5 turbo, but nowhere near as big as that. Nice bink sir.

Merry Christmas to all you tourney guys!

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah I did rail you for a bit and you were doing well then! Well done man
Have a good xmas, let me know when your next playing some tourneys

JohnBoyWWFC

JohnBoyWWFC

Grindddddd
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May have to get in some today, should be some great overlay! Degen ITT.

D

doomasiggy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May have to get in some today, should be some great overlay! Degen ITT.

lol, christmas grind, maybe jesus'll give you good luck?

Did play a 3.30r at 4am this morning, so understand completely.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
MiniFtops Satellite Frenzy = ez game!
Must be more donks on the table today than anyother day of the year!

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cashed in the 18k Guarantee on FT. Down to the final 36 players and I am currently 26th biggest stack but just took a major cooler. Anyone fancies rallying.. feel free :) my FT name is Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Down to 27 Players but am the short stack. Need a double up to get back in the middle of the pack :)

Tom Goldberg

Tom Goldberg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Donkish move, went out in 23rd. Had around 8/9 BB and decided to shove with 910 suited only to realise I chose the round where the monster stack of the tourney was on the BB! tired play :( he called and the rest was history! not bad though, I am up over $620 in the past two days!! Oh I love Christmas :D haha

O

onemorechance

live free or die
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
holla

Staking question:

I was backed, backer pulled out because he got a job with Full Tilt. The deal ended with me in make up, what's the protocol? Do I owe 100% of the make up the deal finished in or what?