Costly Mistake or Not?

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just to clarify, I'm not sure where that quote of me comes from, the proportion of our stack doesn't really matter

S

ssbn743

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just to clarify, I'm not sure where that quote of me comes from, the proportion of our stack doesn't really matter

Sorry Duggs, I could’ve have sworn that was you – I know I read it somewhere but I can’t even find it on this Forum.

Why does stack size not matter in tournament poker? If we have 300BB why would we take a flip for 200BB when there are vastly better spots for the money to go in? I see what you’re saying, but that’s from a +EV stance right; in other words, not in consideration to tournament strategy?

E

emilio3645

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am fine with what you did on the first hand. In hindsight sure you could have gotten a ton of value, but the way you describe her, she could have easily been playing suited connectors as well. The straight or flush (or straight flush) threat was one you had to respect.

I think your snap call on the second hand was the mistake.
Sure she was on Tilt, but this is a player you are clearly better than, you do not need to try to take her on a coin flip with you 7's. I think in this case you should protect the chips you just earned and over time you will outplay her anyways and get her chips.

duggs

duggs

Killing me softly
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sorry Duggs, I could’ve have sworn that was you – I know I read it somewhere but I can’t even find it on this Forum.

Why does stack size not matter in tournament poker? If we have 300BB why would we take a flip for 200BB when there are vastly better spots for the money to go in? I see what you’re saying, but that’s from a +EV stance right; in other words, not in consideration to tournament strategy?

stack size def matters, but always flip for less than half your stack, is definitely any kind of rule, ill come back and post later