Considering switching to Tournaments

blueskies

blueskies

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am a micro cash player. Have done ok. Won at every site I’ve been at, but my BB/100 rate isn’t great so I am not really winning much. And I only single table, limiting profits even more. I’ve tried the CC freeroll at FT 9 times and have cashed 6 times, including 3 times making the final table. Meanwhile, I am having trouble beating 2NL at FT lately. I may just be running good, but I find that I play better in the tourneys, as people aren’t randomly calling and shoving with crap. However, I’ve also heard that the low level MTTs are insane with high variance due to the donks that gimme trouble at 2NL. My question is, at what buy in level, do these MTTs resemble the CC freerolls in that players generally know what they are doing?

S

sryImPro

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you made final table 3/9 times man you should definitely switch to tournaments ;)First try with low buy in ;)gl

pricecube

pricecube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play quite a lot of low limit MTTs on pokerstars - I find I'm able to cash quite often but invariably get knocked out having got my money in good. It's not much fun to make a few cents on your buy in but it's all stood me in good stead for the time I step up to something like a $5.50 tourney. I don't know whether it's a case of running better in the slightly higher buy ins but I find less stupid calls than the $1.10 ones. I haven't got to grips with cash games so if you enjoy tourneys like me, then I can recommend them.