Concentration

P

Pickat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a similar problem , but it is usually in the middle portion . If I can keep it together through that my concentration will pick back up once the bubble starts getting closer .
Good luck

S

stamark

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Concetration is one of the most significant parts of poker. Βut duration of concetration is something very difficult that everyone has to deal with. Personally, when I catch my self losing concetration, I stop doing anything else and I start observing again everything at the table, even the least detail.

V

valanddon

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
When I get to the late stages of a turnament I blow
it buy playing to aggressive and losing all my chips.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it happens that after a couple of hours playing a tournament, the concentration is lost, due to fatigue, and at that point bad decisions can be made.
During breaks, you must relax to return focused to the game.

M

martina pinto

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the concentration is very necessary to make proper decisions and also pay attention to the table see the players as they are driving at the table so it is better to be quiet concentrated so we can have good results and try not to tilt if something It was not as we expected, since many times doing things right does not mean that the result will be in our favor,

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
most of the tournaments I am very concentrated the 1st phase, I try to analyze a lot the plays and the players, but yes, there always comes a point where I lose the concentration, sometimes I recover but others do not, it is something that I personally work, although sometimes it is difficult and more if a play has occurred that we would call bad beat

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To my concentration is most important, eh me sometimes distracted and lost a lot of chips in different tournaments.

Paya_31

Paya_31

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do wrong things all the time. Even when i'm giving my full concentration. Usually I start relaxed and end up way too tense and concentrated the deeper I am. At some point, I will overthink something and fold the best hand. Come to think of it, this happens way too often... I will have to work on that!

Okay you to concentrate. But remember it is a fun game. regards

damgold

damgold

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration is very important and observation too if you observe all your opponents and all their actions you know exactly how to act on each hand you play.Good luck!

malakata19

malakata19

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is difficult to maintain the concentration during the whole tournament, even less when you have received a bad beat. But it is a starting point to keep your head cool and start over.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Max .concentration leads to headache and anger.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
whenever I enter a tournament I go with the intention of playing at least 4 hours. At these times I try to be well focused and take breaks every hour to recover even more concentration

A

AAbyss

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I very often lose concentration at the late stages of the tournament

ninjareal

ninjareal

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
how to develop concentration?

Hi, what helps me to concentrate at times , is to take mental notes on my opponents, especially those on my right or the big stacks , essentially everyone at the table though, once i pay attention to them i get a feel for what they're doing, try to predict when they're in a hand, sometimes I know that when certain people call, their opponents are beat ,

Gyry

Gyry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when i'm soo serious and soo much concentrate on game it's not good for me, when im a little bit relax and have pipe and glass of wine(not often about wine) it's more easy to play and in this way i win more times

swannymojo

swannymojo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find myself concentrating more the deeper I get in a tourney, probably because I have better reads on my opponents further in.

Same here, When there are only three tables remaining i'll pull up the other tables and keep an eye on the play style of the top two from each table. When there are 100 tables in play...I don't put forth the mental energy into putting together a comprehensive strategy to beat each player at the table. Besides, you get moved to another table all the time and your efforts are frequently thwarted by the constant seat/table changes that happen frequently througout the early stages of online tourneys.

pancho_1954

pancho_1954

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
sometimes I lose concentration, but usually in the 2nd part is when I concentrate more and try to apply my best game

M

MarineCJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being Relax/Confidence is the key for me. Yes I want to win, and surprisingly I place high or win outright a lot with all this rust I have. I may take some chances early on draws middle pair, ect. In the larger tournaments player wise, but once I feel all the allin or fold idiots are gone i rely more on feel/gut.

O

OwnedbyCow

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm still new, but yes if you don't concentrate, you will miss very important information about your opponents. I have watched my chips disappear time and time again once I lose focus. Even taking a restroom break when the tournament isn't in break will usually cost me a lot of chips.

I try to keep up with all of my opponents and how they play. This usually keeps me busy and I don't get a chance to get distracted. If I need to be distracted, I do it during the breaks. From start to finish, I want to keep a read on every opponent.

I agree with TheShek. Use those breaks to rejuvenate yourself. Then you will be right back at it by time the break ends.