Concentration

oleg plugaru

oleg plugaru

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I lose concentration during the tournament, good motivating music helps me .. But sometimes if it does not help I open one more table ..

vse i sra3y

vse i sra3y

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I concentrate only on the final stages of the tournament.

K

korablik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We have the craze to play poker and do other things at the same time.
Are not you one of those?
Try to play poker just in a quiet, quiet place, and try to concentrate as much as you can.
Try not to lose focus or concentration.
Analyze the hand, ponder, analyze your opponents, ask yourself why such an opponent is doing this or that.
Put yourself in his place and think.

We are trying to grow, are not we?

Good game and good luck always!

You're right.Sometimes I play and someone starts to distract me.Or I myself get tired of the game and start to get distracted.But I do not always see this as a problem.In fact, this is a key question.Sometimes I myself can not properly assess the situation.What you say seems to be simple things, but in reality it is difficult to do.Sometimes I need someone to say it.You point the right way and thanks for the support.

K

korablik

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I sometimes need to talk to someone.It helps to get a realistic view of things.

M

mico595

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Concentration. In the second part I play in concentrated but sometimes the tension is bigger and from there the mistakes come

Last edited:
J

joksic7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My concentration comes just before the bubble. And after the bubble my concentration stays

ecoland

ecoland

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose concentration after three beers ... and I regain my fancy after 5 beers! I see opponents' cards !!!:cool:

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that too big expectations are just a problem, we put too much pressure on ourselves, so we're making it easier to make mistakes.The loss of concentration I think is a question of practice or a lack of circumstances or motivation.

zwbb

zwbb

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even the best poker players have lost gaming sessions. Therefore, waiting for a win every time you play is an error. Your goal should be to play at the peak of your abilities in every game session. If you do, improving your skills, cards and victories will come to you.

T

TheShek

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often make mistakes. I get tired as tournaments drag on and I make mistakes. It's normal to make mistakes when you get tired. A lot of the time, you don't expect to be playing until the end. I've literally fallen asleep during some tournaments that i've gone on to win!

Have something to eat, do some yoga, go for a walk on the break or do some exercise or stretches while you're playing. Have a coffee if you have to. Or have a nap, like I sometimes do!

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose concentration after three beers ... and I regain my fancy after 5 beers! I see opponents' cards !!!:cool:
I'm going to start drinking a lot of beer too.

Thanks for the tip!

dimon4ik89

dimon4ik89

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
When I play the tournament I'm completely concentrated with all the stages.

When I play the tournament I'm completely concentrated with all the stages. At the beginning of the tournament you set yourself the goal to reach the prize places, and then you set yourself the goal of taking the highest possible place to earn more money. If you lose concentration for at least a few hands, then you can lose all the stack. When I play many tournaments at the same time, I can not concentrate completely. I like playing a maximum of two tournaments at a time.

C

Cashcards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think you always a bit lose your concentrtion and always get a bit, the most important is can you hold it

S

spottedflyer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can concentrate all you want, but when youre dealt two queens and the bad guy goes all in you have to call, right? hes got an ace and a seven and gets a seven on the flop and on the river another ace... and the tourney has just begun - it made me wanna cry :)

B

Badbunny

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Totally agree, I think we spend a little to everyone who played poker, I personally happens for example'm playing very focused and trying to get chips. Once I got them as I start bluffing and I just lost sometimes in the end only method I usually work out this.

ssory83

ssory83

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know how it is to concentrate on other players, but to me, when I'm very focused I'm going wrong. My point is that relaxation helps a lot when playing poker.

W

white_vision0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel you, same for me. Sometimes, having big stack leads to losing chips. I try to keep focus and even fold good hands, if I have a bad feeling .

Totally agree, I think we spend a little to everyone who played poker, I personally happens for example'm playing very focused and trying to get chips. Once I got them as I start bluffing and I just lost sometimes in the end only method I usually work out this.

R

RicardoInciarte

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you dont get tilt you keep your Focus in game

ScottieDuncan

ScottieDuncan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My concentration is very good at the beginning, but, in the late middle to toward the end I tend to lose it if the game last a long time.

Amanda A

Amanda A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try and concentrate by learning more about my opponents and remembering how they played hands. I also think about what they are going to do before they do it, think about their ranges etc. It's a way of focusing without really thinking about concentrating. When I'm really involved in the game the time goes fast and I don't think about concentrating because I just am.

Robmrjet

Robmrjet

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
When a tournament starts, we create a level 10 expectation.
We want to win, we play well analyzed games and we do not play chips off that easy.
When the tournament comes in the second part do you still play seriously or do you lose concentration a little and do a lot of things wrong?

:hmmmm2: Concentration always!

The operative statement in your Thread starter is...
"We want to win, we play well analyzed games and we do not play chips off that easy."

so YES...
I'm still at that mind-set or above it. Even more concentrated as the game proceeds.
Because I'm playing a game I want to win.

I don't agree with your 1st statement about the level 10 expectation....but......
to each his own. I can understand people starting a game with that.
It's just not how I start a game I'm in to win.

If I start ANY GAME to win it.....
then the "expectation of placing 1st and winning is already in me.
That "created expectation"...is part of who I am. I don't have to create any expections when entering a game.

I've only got 2 expectations....

Have fun.....or .....Win it all.

Most of the games I enter are just to have fun, hope I do well, if I do I do, if I don't I don't.
If I'm in "Fun Mode"....don't go allin on me...don't raise me....don't test me....don't run the clock on me....don't mess with me!!......
because I'm going to have fun at your expense if I can.
And if it's a cheap buy-in......and I'm having fun....
you just became my bouncing ball.:bebored:

Win, Lose, or tie.....
no matter who gets your chips....no matter if it costs me all of mine...
my FUN...just became making sure YOUR CHIPS.....disappear.

I'M JUST THAT FUN GUY!!! ((everybody complains about in all the fourms))
:bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored::bebored:

But if I'm in it to win it?.....
yer ok...I'll fold all day to you with best hand preflop, after the flop,
on the turn,
on the river.......

.....I'll just let YOU BE THE WINNER!...

I'm just a nice guy like that. I like to play against folks that think they are the winner.
Matter of fact...no matter if I'm in it to win it or in it for fun...I'm concentrated on that guy.

cuz he's my pal.
And I want him sitting right beside me.
Then...we're good pals. :icon_thum

(((until we're not)) :D

anywhoooooooooo.................

If I'm in it to win it....I gain focus as the game proceeds on.

If I'm in it for fun....
there's just no telling how it's all going to end, and my focus is on just playing poker and enjoying the moment hand to hand.....wondering...whose going to be my pal? :star:

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
we usually start, focused on the game, when we see that the chips are not increasing, and then opening the game, and when we are short, we left the luck to play your role lol ... Joking aside, more in the beginning we always play concentrates , moments like the bubble, or near the FT as well. Great players use this to their advantage.

Anjo

Anjo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often make mistakes. I get tired as tournaments drag on and I make mistakes. It's normal to make mistakes when you get tired. A lot of the time, you don't expect to be playing until the end. I've literally fallen asleep during some tournaments that i've gone on to win!

Have something to eat, do some yoga, go for a walk on the break or do some exercise or stretches while you're playing. Have a coffee if you have to. Or have a nap, like I sometimes do!
Very good! If I take a nap, I'll wake up in the morning. Usually when it's too long I get quite aloof in the breaks. Now if they are bad at two intervals it's a sign that I'm doing very well in the tournament.

sergiohardt

sergiohardt

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
First, as the members here taught me, you have to play with the free mind and know when to play, considering your position at the table, the value of the bet they are playing on the table and check your hand