Comfort Area Buy Ins and Stacks

Axas90

Axas90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
How many buy ins or stacks do you need for your comfort area?
I personally play a very conservative one BRM.

Since I only play sng, I always have at least 150 buy-ins for the level before I level up, at 105 I go down again.Play mostly only turbo sngs.

INISHTE

INISHTE

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
I would feel comfortable with 300 buy ins, although at the moment I am trying to make the leap having 100 buy ins and I am making slow progress, but I am making progress.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
In any of the existing types of poker there is such a concept and phenomenon as a stack. In turn, the size of the stack has a very significant impact on the entire process of the player's game. Pros advise you to be careful if your stack is big enough. With deep stacks, players enter the hand even with medium or weak starting hands, turning them into full-fledged combinations later on and thus creating very interesting moments.

Axas90

Axas90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would feel comfortable with 300 buy ins, although at the moment I am trying to make the leap having 100 buy ins and I am making slow progress, but I am making progress.
Ok, what variant do you play?
I think it's better to rise a little more slowly and really beat the level in the long term than to rise early.

@dreamer13 I meant how much capital you have for your level. Thank you for answering anyway :)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, thats a bit on the conservative side for SnGs, since swings of more than 50 BIs should be rare, at least for traditional 9-mans and other single table formats. But with that being said if you are happy grinding your current limit and maybe have problems showing a significantly positive ROI, then moving up might just increase swings and stress without increasing your hourly winrate or learning curve.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know there is the 100x buy in rule, but I also like to play with a more comfortable bankroll. I like to have at least 150-200x buy in.

Axas90

Axas90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think, thats a bit on the conservative side for SnGs, since swings of more than 50 BIs should be rare, at least for traditional 9-mans and other single table formats. But with that being said if you are happy grinding your current limit and maybe have problems showing a significantly positive ROI, then moving up might just increase swings and stress without increasing your hourly winrate or learning curve.

Hi, thanks for your answer.
Of course, swings of 50 buy-ins are very rare. With the 45 man sng's it's maybe 15 buy in swings. With the 9 man sng's maybe 10 buy in.
My ROI on the single table sng is currently 12.5% on the limit but there are only ~750 games.
On the 45 man SNG's it's ~18.5% ROI.
I'm going to go one level higher this weekend.
At the moment I'm looking at the post flop game more and more, because I've already analyzed a lot of pre flop learning videos and my own hands.

@Cooking What are you playing? :)

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Since I only play sng, I always have at least 150 buy-ins for the level before I level up, at 105 I go down again.Play mostly only turbo sngs.
So I understand you are a professional poker player? I played sit end go 6 max turbo and super turbo with 20 buy-ins and felt good, there are professionals who advise playing with 400 buy-ins, but this has nothing to do with ordinary players, no one will store 400 buy-ins on the account

Axas90

Axas90

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey vardann no, I'm definitely not. But play the game to get better and better, and not just to have a little fun.
But what makes it very difficult for me to motivate myself at the moment is that the law here is to play a maximum of 4 tables at the same time.

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
50 buy-ins are more than enough I think, for me anyways.