Chip leader

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either overall or table chip leader, is it wise to play loose or tight and why?
I tend to open fewer hands and tighten up.
The chip leader's only advantage over other players is the ability to go all-in without fear of being kicked out of the tournament. But this is a very serious advantage, because the opponents will be eliminated from the tournament, and the cheerleader will continue the game, just with a slightly smaller stack. This advantage is especially true when ICM pressure appears. Those. when you can make your opponent fold even a strong hand with your bet, because he does not want to riskIn addition to playing the bubble, you can use ICM pressure at the time when a significant portion of the prize money is distributed. When the difference in the received winnings can be many times greater. This happens at the final table. However, there is an important difference. When playing the bubble, the players with the shortest stacks are under pressure and want to get into the prizes. Once at the last table, the pressure should be on the mid-pot players as they want to sit out all the small stacks.

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that if you are a chipleader, well, or I am a chipleader )) then you need to play at the same pace as you played before, you need to always stick to your game.
I also think that the style of the game depends not only on the number of chips in your hands, but also on the number of players at the table, on the speed of the tournament, on the stage of the tournament.
And most importantly, your game depends on your condition, be calm and patient.