Chip leader

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Either overall or table chip leader, is it wise to play loose or tight and why?
I tend to open fewer hands and tighten up.

shinmenkami

shinmenkami

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Chip leaders have the luxury of playing loose if they decide to.
DNegs made a video about it a while ago and his advise was: play loose but choose wiselly your fights. You dont wanna lose 20% of your stack in a loose bluff

Now looking at the non chip leader perspective, i found that alot of players agree with dnegs, and its profitable to take some stabs at the big guy.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play tight and fit my hand well. If you enter a middle hand or bluff a lot and take risks, you will quickly stop being the chip leader.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you are a chip leader because you have caught the flow then you should play most hands because you are winning.
If you are a chip leader because you worked for it, it is better to continue the game at a good rhythm because it has been successful so far. Of course I just think so.

Good luck.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agressiv is the best way i think

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Chip leaders have the luxury of playing loose if they decide to.
DNegs made a video about it a while ago and his advise was: play loose but choose wiselly your fights. You dont wanna lose 20% of your stack in a loose bluff

Now looking at the non chip leader perspective, i found that alot of players agree with dnegs, and its profitable to take some stabs at the big guy.
We need the video please!

L

LFC_yllnwa

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think this is not correct. Because you have a lot more opportunities to attack against weak and passive players. You should not go into the passive with medium-strength hands, but very weak hands, I would not recommend playing, even if you have 2-3 times more chips. Don't forget that. A lot of players start playing super aggressively and experienced players use it very well. :)

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would play more aggressive and trying to impose my conditions at the table. You have to take good advantage of the moments that you have to be the leader in chips, there are not many you can be.:)

kley126

kley126

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
in my case sometimes I open my hand range more as they played me more carefully and I also try to steal more blind

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You rang? Becoming chip leader does not mean you should become looser or tighter.

Playing as the Chip leader doesn't always mean betting out with j7 or waiting for AA.

Play as you did to become the chip leader, while being the chip leader.

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
yesterday
f704ab880343e3fdd9ed0a02d0fd2cf9.png

mariale_1990

mariale_1990

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
In my case, if I am a chip leader, everything depends on how I come playing the entire tournament, if I have been playing aggressive and it works for me, I continue like this, but if I have been playing calmer and I think better about my plays, I continue that way, many times if I try to change the way I've been playing from tight to loose ended up ruining everything I've done throughout the tournament

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most importantly, where is the pay out screenshot ?
cashout numbers dont teach you JackSquat but heres some more numbers. I'll eat my shoes if someone can show me same day 1sts in MTTs
4fc900ae00aec156395d9c2a2de361e1.png
yeah

I know not good enough MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY
Here you go
582e3b2beb713f27c808d6debf79d4ad.png

3aa380ddf40b647a2f1ce5c3378babd1.png
I I just DO THINGS thats my strategy

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Nice man, well it is but I was curious.
curiosity killed the cat bro and my ego is like funspot. "Its Huge!!!"
8e17d144c849a70c61ec2fb03a3b0b95.png
57bad3d5de0d9f7ffe48e62c8eacb704.png
I even play me some nlop free on their awful buggy cruddy site
29d35b3bd3292a17919a1f3e9af8cb52.png

I literally can upload these until the server crashes.
You found the right one:cool:

AKQ

AKQ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You wanna be better than everyone, start playing blind. Put tape over your cards (TV_) you only win chips if you steal if. You only steal when you get a read or its mathematically correct. to only fail 1/3 steals and be profitable is a must.
If you ever have any questions I'm kinda the "almost Famous " guy a decade ago that never gave up the sport of it all.
I know far too much
453c1b618e2c6d4fe838651d61618d13.png

slicheri93

slicheri93

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
think its good to stay agro when chipleader at the table defenitly on bubble since many dont want to be a bubble boy

but you also want to have a bit of info on the player(s) if the players calls wide anyways kinda hard to bully those around since they call with everything even low pairs

but its good to bully the table while you have the chiplead
dont have to do it everyhand just decent suited hands and up

partz

partz

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As a chip leader I would say it's better to take risks but ofc when and which cards are good it depends on too many things to elaborate. Usually I call an all in with decent hands if the stake is not bigger than 20% of my chips

M

MakTrue

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good day!
If on the bubble you are the chip leader of the table, then it is advisable to press your opponents, since they will defend less often against you due to the bubble factor :)

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think being a chip leader makes more sense to play more conservative and tight. Because short stacks will push the best cards against you and bite off your stack like a piece of cake one by one. Losing a part of the stack means losing concentration at the table as the desire to regain the leadership increases.