Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips

How the hell is this possible? I don´t get it at all. Anyone?

Even with knowing opponents hands that would be hard to pull off.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
It does look very unlikely, but I think its possible over a smallish sample such as this. I currently am struggling to maintain a 40% Top finish.

I'm gonna try and keep my eye on this player and see how they go, not sure you can search a player on GG easily though.

They've not played any other type of poker on the site.....starting to look more and more odd!

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It does look very unlikely, but I think its possible over a smallish sample such as this. I currently am struggling to maintain a 40% Top finish.

I'm gonna try and keep my eye on this player and see how they go, not sure you can search a player on GG easily though.

They've not played any other type of poker on the site.....starting to look more and more odd!

I guess with 40% you play maxmum 1$ buyin?
I play .25$ and was able to run at 40% until I started 4-tabling where I don't exploit/outplay opponents that much.
It's sick how nitty you should play on the micros to have good winrates over a big samplesize because players call your shoves far too wide flipping and 60/40 all day long.

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yeah, I mostly just go for free daily spins plus a few extras per week. Totally right, you basically have to play v tight and look to steal from all the very good players who are playing even tighter!! Haha

Funtast

Funtast

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Yeah, I mostly just go for free daily spins plus a few extras per week. Totally right, you basically have to play v tight and look to steal from all the very good players who are playing even tighter!! Haha
Indeed.

How do you categorize players fast?
I use something I came up with myself and it's working quite well on the micros.

You check both of your opponents stats and look for the following:
A. High% 2nd place - 35%-40%+ indicates tight to nitty to very nitty playstyle.
B. Low% 2nd place - 0% -31% indicates loose to very loose and up to maniac playstyle.
C. High% 1st place - 35% - 40%+ indicates the player knows basic ranges and what he is doing up to he is exploiting (pushing/calling) very well.
D. Low% 1st place - 0%-32% indicates the player doesn't understand basic ranges up to the player is a passiv callingstation.
Now you can combine AC, AD, BC, BD and have 4 profiles you can work with.

AC: Exploitive player - tight/agressive plays hands in accordance to opponents.
AD: Nitty Fish - when money goes in he usually has it.
BC: Loose player, steals too much, doesn't fear races, sometimes maniac.
BD: Maniacs and maniac stations.

What do you think?

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I can say it's hard to do it, but if this person did it, it's possible, but we'll watch this player what and how he plays. I hope this player is really strong and he has a lot to learn

SpanRmonka

SpanRmonka

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Indeed.

How do you categorize players fast?
I use something I came up with myself and it's working quite well on the micros.

You check both of your opponents stats and look for the following:
A. High% 2nd place - 35%-40%+ indicates tight to nitty to very nitty playstyle.
B. Low% 2nd place - 0% -31% indicates loose to very loose and up to maniac playstyle.
C. High% 1st place - 35% - 40%+ indicates the player knows basic ranges and what he is doing up to he is exploiting (pushing/calling) very well.
D. Low% 1st place - 0%-32% indicates the player doesn't understand basic ranges up to the player is a passiv callingstation.
Now you can combine AC, AD, BC, BD and have 4 profiles you can work with.

AC: Exploitive player - tight/agressive plays hands in accordance to opponents.
AD: Nitty Fish - when money goes in he usually has it.
BC: Loose player, steals too much, doesn't fear races, sometimes maniac.
BD: Maniacs and maniac stations.

What do you think?
I like this a lot. I generally play the 6 max, so have a few more players. I scan them and make a quick judgement of tight or not. Then anyone with a low number of games I play as no particular style, anyone who has poor stats, I tend to never bluff, unless I see they are actually tight ish and passive. I might look to utilise your system to some extent.

The other thing I look for are players who are for example a C level, but there actual points are way below this. This can suggest a major downswing, usually caused by the player not taking the games seriously in my experience. Just punting off 0.25 after 0.25

I might try and make something of your catagories