cheap a lot or expensive and a little?

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What do you think is the best way to play 10 $1 tournaments or 1 $10 tournament, given that you have enough knowledge?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
It's subjective.
And how much knowledge is "enough knowledge"?

If you can crush $1 games then you could choose that path. Fields will be larger than in $10 games so the variance is higher.

Then again you get only one shot in a ten dollar game. Even if you are a crushing beast at $10 level you are not immune to variance.

The right answer is - how do you feel about it? it's your money.

Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
I think no matter how strong a player is if luck is not on his side, he loses so it's better to play 1 dollar 10 games and secure the most games for yourself, and if you win at least one game you will already increase your money this is the smartest step for increasing money

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Given the knowledge, adhering to proper bankroll management would be the decider for me.

Luka22guro

Luka22guro

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Это субъективно.
А сколько знаний — это «достаточно знаний»?

Если вы можете разгромить игры за 1 доллар, вы можете выбрать этот путь. Поля будут больше, чем в играх за 10 долларов, поэтому дисперсия выше.

Опять же, вы получаете только один шанс в игре на десять долларов. Даже если вы сокрушительный зверь на уровне $10, вы не застрахованы от дисперсии.

Правильный ответ: как вы к этому относитесь? это ваши деньги.
Yes, the variance is unpredictable, but if I can play, for example, only 1-2 times a week for a few hours, then what does the situation look like?

Nafor

Nafor

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Yes, the variance is unpredictable, but if I can play, for example, only 1-2 times a week for a few hours, then what does the situation look like?
The amount of time that you have for poker doesn't really change anything. You can probably find regular and turbo tournaments from both price categories.

K

kucheruk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
UA
Chips
What do you think is the best way to play 10 $1 tournaments or 1 $10 tournament, given that you have enough knowledge?
The best way to play is to get into some deadly hot Sit and Go campaign with 10k buy-in on play chips.

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is such a thing as bankroll management, respect it and move towards more expensive tournaments. if you really want to play in an expensive one, I would try to get into it via satellite

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Right now I prefer the 10 - $1 tickets. Im more comfortable playing smaller buy-ins and having more opportunities to win at the moment, maybe as I become a stronger player, I’ll change my mind :)

IRINA70

IRINA70

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I love to play expensive tournaments but pay less and get entry via satellite. All those Bounty Builders starting from 7.50$ till 109$ Sunday Million, 109$ Big and Fenomeno

C

cowboybebop

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its a thing from person to person, depends on your experiences and results in these kinds of tourneys. In my opinion its best if you dont have enough knowledge to play the smaller ones, and if you do have enough knowledge, maybe dont go spending it on one ticket.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I would prefer volume over just 1 game. While both don't work well for bankroll management, at least you have 10 shots at getting paid.

Leandro6803

Leandro6803

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your playing skill and whether your bankroll allows this buy-in.

In general, it is normal to look for tournaments where your game strategy is made where your opponents have less skill than yours.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
You know, maintaining bankroll management is very important because for beginners it is usually a very difficult task since they are trying to win all cash tournaments and the like in one day, do not forget that there is a white and black line, and spend your investments in a particular tournament wisely. Don't play when you're tired or not in the mood.