Carbon Poker Funstep 3

twoturntablez

twoturntablez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Derail on funsteps......

What do you think the implications of paying 50c 30c 20 to 1st 2nd 3rd in step 3 would be for carbon poker?

More people would cash, more people would get a roll together, more people would pay rake if they succeed.

Perhaps it would become attractive to people who can play better. Only paying 1st out of ten makes it more luck oriented and perhaps keeps better players away?
/Derail

W

wolsooo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What should you do with the dollar you win... save it and try to win more funsteps?

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What should you do with the dollar you win... save it and try to win more funsteps?

We were talking about it on another thread. I say play it. If you like mtt play the .11 or .6 and do your best. If you like cash game hope you hit and get out. But in between play more steps. I dont know I am no pro but I would say DO NOT play the .11 short stacked super turbo SNG to much of a coin flip I think.

Just my 2 cents,
Dooley

P

ProphetEyes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
won a 3rd dollar off funsteps today. grinding those and cash games with success

P

ProphetEyes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4.80. ive had some setbacks... sadly. what about you?

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I made my buck last only a day or 2. I think next time going to sit at a cash table and hope for the best. I have not played that make the past week. SOO i got my fingers crossed. Keep up the good fight. :)

P

ProphetEyes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
8.54 now! yeah yeah yeah! been playing penny limit hold em heads up and have been absolutely crushing the weak players that frequent these tables. going to keep up with it and then start playing 2.20 sng games as i do well at funsteps so why not the same structure? should be working out well for me. see you at the tables dooley.

W

wolsooo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I finally did it!!!!! Feels so good!:eek:

W

wolsooo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol I know it is the best dollar you ever had.

lol I lost my dollar in two days. Basically, a combination of sucking at limit holdem, not hitting bingos in turbos sngs, and rake whittling. :(. I guess I will save up more this time. BTW, the 2nd dollar wasn't as gratifying to win :( damn diminishing returns on happiness. lol.

W

wolsooo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
lol. nvm, I'm bad. I think FLH is pretty safe.

W

wolsooo

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well done. Where is your BR at now?

BAM!

Yeh, I played a 1dollar double or nothing and I don't think it was really worth it. Extremely boring, but the up side is that you only need to win 3 hands to get a double up.

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
BAM!

Yeh, I played a 1dollar double or nothing and I don't think it was really worth it. Extremely boring, but the up side is that you only need to win 3 hands to get a double up.

I played a coin flip the other day. One hand winner take all and I won.

D

ddeely1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only step 1s until i have about 20-30 step 2 tickets. I can then earn 5-10 step 3 tickets. this puts less pressure on each individual step 3 ticket and allows you to change your mindset from donkey step 1s to tighter step 3s

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play only step 1s until i have about 20-30 step 2 tickets. I can then earn 5-10 step 3 tickets. this puts less pressure on each individual step 3 ticket and allows you to change your mindset from donkey step 1s to tighter step 3s

I have been doing something a little similar, I play 2 fun step 1's at a time till they are all used up for the day. Then I move on to the fun step 2's and so on.

D

davem86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
took me a few weeks to get the dollar aswell. Try just building as most step 1 into 2s for 1 week. then take your 2s and do the same into step 3 coupons. you will get the dollar sooner or later. After my first I stretched that thing as far as i could and earned 11 points then used those up and im grinding once again. GOODLUCK

cdooley72

cdooley72

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
took me a few weeks to get the dollar aswell. Try just building as most step 1 into 2s for 1 week. then take your 2s and do the same into step 3 coupons. you will get the dollar sooner or later. After my first I stretched that thing as far as i could and earned 11 points then used those up and im grinding once again. GOODLUCK

Dont they expire? If so after how long?

D

ddeely1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont they expire? If so after how long?
Fun step coupons expire after a week. I found this out the hard way when I had a bunch of step 3s saved up that "disappeared".