Is this call too loose give my stack size

S

Shep15jon

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’d have folded. Not necessarily and insta-fold. Factors I’d think about include villains behaviour and table image, villains stack size, position, time elapsed / to go in the tournament, my stack size... most prominent in my mind though would be that he’s at least likely to have an ace (or a card higher than my 10s). So all it would take for me to lose a load of chips would be for him to catch one of them.

If you had KK or perhaps and AK / AQ yourself you might fancy your chances of taking him on a bit more.

M

mrverceddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you smoke something? Chipleader pushes on OTG and in his range there can not be hands А-Х!!:eek::D
are you sniffing something ? ... conversation culture pls let's keep at least a low social standard. it's a super easy fold given the reasons I mentioned and even if he pushes ax occasionally there id still be folding due to simple math issues. I don't even think its close I respect everyone's opinion but i expect ppl to have minimum educational lvl of behaving also i dont even get what you are trying to tell me !!

Last edited:
N

NeoBandit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
going all in pre-flop is a 50/50 chance to win Coin Flip

So I had originally been fine with this play at the time and only questioned it after reviewing my hands a few days later. Should I be folding this pretty often given how early in the tournament it was and that the action was an open shove from UTG? I ended up being in a lot better situation than I could have been but is this flip so early on a waste of a buy in given I have no fold equity in calling him and I'm either often flipping or crushed

PokerStars - 10/20 NL - Holdem - 9 players
Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

CO: 50.5 BB
BTN: 73.5 BB
Hero (SB): 83 BB
BB: 73.5 BB
UTG: 159.5 BB
UTG+1: 157 BB
MP: 121.5 BB
MP+1: 55 BB
MP+2: 61 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T T

UTG raises to 159.5 BB and is all-in, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero calls 82.5 BB and is all-in, fold

Flop: (167 BB, 2 players) 9 8 6

Turn: (167 BB, 2 players) A

River: (167 BB, 2 players) 2

[spoil]Hero shows T T (One Pair, Tens)
(Pre 65%, Flop 75%, Turn 7%)
UTG shows T A (One Pair, Aces)
(Pre 35%, Flop 25%, Turn 93%)
UTG wins 167 BB
[/spoil]

I look forward to hearing you answers!
Yea that was not a good move. I know it isn't any fun not going all in and winning that big pot, but the fact is even with AA you only have a 50/50 chance of winning with pre-flop all-in's. I have won several low stake tournaments and I did that buy not going all in pre-flop because it is gambling and is a coin flip to win. You see all your pros doing this and people think that is the way to win and it is not. Everytime i have gone all in i end up not winning the game or even getting to final table. If you have the nuts by all means go all in but for those who go all in pre-flop and lose need to realize your chances of wining are 50/50 it's a coin flip. If you want to gamble than that is fine, but i play to win and don't want to gamble i want to play smart and win. But to each their own it is your choice and yours alone.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In old fashioned poker, all-in is only when shortstacked.
Nowadays you're forced to play flips, variance is increasing.
A flip is what you could expect, probably ahead (in general).
In this case you were very much ahead, but got an unlucky turn.

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
are you sniffing something ? ... conversation culture pls let's keep at least a low social standard. it's a super easy fold given the reasons I mentioned and even if he pushes ax occasionally there id still be folding due to simple math issues. I don't even think its close I respect everyone's opinion but i expect ppl to have minimum educational lvl of behaving also i dont even get what you are trying to tell me !!

When a person said: Chipleader pushes on OTG and in his range there can not be hands А-Х! And all this is about education and other blah blah blah! When someone chatters SUCH! This is illiteracy! So let's not call for what you do not own! )))

M

mrverceddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When a person said: Chipleader pushes on OTG and in his range there can not be hands А-Х! And all this is about education and other blah blah blah! When someone chatters SUCH! This is illiteracy! So let's not call for what you do not own! )))

nobody said he has no AX in his range I just mentioned he doesn't push many AX that we dominate maybe read then pls and pls be kind if you reply to posts :icon_flow if you think villains range there is dominated by A2+ pushes well . i disagree

revizor

revizor

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nobody said he has no AX in his range I just mentioned he doesn't push many AX that we dominate maybe read then pls and pls be kind if you reply to posts :icon_flow if you think villains range there is dominated by A2+ pushes well . i disagree

he doesn't push many AX that we dominate!!? Chipleader!? serious!? ahahahah )) Ok, stay with yours. On this perhaps finish.

M

mrverceddy

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah good luck men putting 82bb open jams on a range of A2+ is somehow crazy tho.
anyway I guess I'm gonna deal with this like with the ppl calling me out as a fish for jamming 89s on the button for 10bb eff stacksize and just say gl

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sith,

The part where you weighed in on " 5 years ago I'd say you're crushed here with tens but the way these clowns shove with shit constantly " really caught my eye.

A friend of mine who has over $1.3M in live tournament winnings and I were having this same conversation but roles reversed. I kind of noted to him that since returning to online poker I feel as if the competition has gotten a lot stiffer... most people actually know how to play now.

What site are you playing where you're experiencing this? I want to play there :D

Travis
BCP - horseshoebhole
This is everyday typical America's Cardroom hands. I agree a lot more people know how to play but there's also 20 more than there used to be who are dead up Yahtzee bingo players who just randomly shove with the weirdest hands at the most random times for every one player out there.

It's not like it used to be where these guys would be gone in the first ten minutes or have a monster stack. I've see these guys 3 hours into a tournament blind shove 60 bigs with 9/3 off suit. But usually they flop a damn boat or something. If your not playing there go test the waters give it week and let me know after the new wears off what you think?

K

krezip

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your TT was waaaaaaay ahead of his range. This type of villain shoves with any Ace, KQ, small pocket pairs etc. Probably he would even try to trap with AA/KK instead of shoving so your TT is usually at least 55% and now it was even more than 70%.

Good call - unlucky.