Chips
Easy call with QQ , KK , AA ;) Not sure about JJ

widron2s

widron2s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ is close, but it just depends on what you think everyone else has.

U

ucdengboss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If this is a freeroll - then all-in, and in other cases - fold.
I am pretty tight player, but this is too tight. You are leaving a lot of value out there on the felt folding KK pre wether it is a freeroll or paid tournament. Even if it is only one opponent and you close the action therefore guaranteeing that it will be heads up you still fold? You have to know he has AA with a high amount of certainty before folding KK early is correct.

Robochick

Robochick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey Guys !What do you usually do early in a tournament when stacks are approximately the same and you hit pocket JJ, QQ, KK ..BUT some donk in the early position goes all-in preflop and gets called by another player...Would you call ??
I've been facing this situation very often recently esp. on 888..and I prefer to call here but about 80% of all time I lose to some A5o or it's very likely that someone has a higher pocket pair and this really irritates.

Early in a tournament tells me you probably have a good stack to BB ratio. If the tourney is a low or no buy-in with lots of players; certainly you could go either way. Often this is a "Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies" situation (except one lucky person lives on). You could do great when all the bingo retards don't luck out and then you are the bully and can push the table around; but of course it is also likely that this is a short end to your tournament. If that is the situation I would usually go with KK. I might ask Alexa to flip a coin with QQ and I would fold JJ. If this were a CC freeroll, that is totally a different situation. The field is much stronger, there are less players and there are not many bingo players. This is where using the player notes is very helpful.

I don't know how many people do this, but sometimes I enter a low buy-in or freeroll tournament with the only purpose of developing a profile on other players. It is a good exercise. You are preserving your chip stack (but sometimes you can't help yourself when you get a good hand, that's okay). But keep yourself on the task of taking notes that you will use in other tournaments. Don't multi-table. Think about as many factors you are comfortable. I keep wordpad open on the side and take notes as the hands develop. If it goes to showdown, you get a lot more solid info. Then I transfer good info from wordpad to the player notes of the site.

Another thing I do is to go on cash tables that are running and I don't join. I open several tables and note who is multi-tabling. I will just watch and take notes. Many sites have a color coding system that some people don't use. Develop your own note taking system. The more you do it the better it becomes.

I think it is interesting to look at the results of some CC freerolls when they are posted and you can see the player that posted them has a color bar next to your name which means they have made a note about you. Sometimes I make a note when there is not a color bar next to my name indicating they don't have a note about me.

Sometimes, I have PMS and I just play in beast mode. I think it is also okay to contradict yourself.

When it comes to higher buy-in tournaments, I can't tell you that...you'll just have to make notes on me and we'll see.

I hope that helps, good luck and I will see you at the tables. :handkiss:

Last edited:
FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If two or more player go all in pre-flop and I had JJ,QQ or KK sometimes I would call and other times I would fold. It depends how lucky I feel.

Peppinotom

Peppinotom

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If two or more player go all in pre-flop and I had JJ,QQ or KK sometimes I would call and other times I would fold. It depends how lucky I feel.
Ok, luck besides, this is exactly, what I wouldn't do.
If it is only this one guy, I take the chips for granted with every pair I have, because he made the mistake and deserves punishment with every 2 cards, that can make a hand. (May change if I have readings on this guy).
When 2 or 3 go all in, I step aside and take the chips from the "lucky" winner, knowing at least one hand of him ;)
When 4 or 5 go all in I participate with every decent hand! That gives me an hour freetime and I can go shopping or something, whether I loose or win :cool:

First you have to do is look in the header to know exactly, which tournament you are playing right now. Important? Fold anyway!!!

S

Sorin Iliescu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i would always call with a big pocket pair like jj+ because there are many players that go all in with Ax hands in early stages of the tournament. also, you get good pot odds and you can tripple up. having a big pocket pair is a big advantage even in 3 way pot as you have enough equity especially if they go all in with any two cards