C. Moshman SnG question

P

Pokertron3000

Available for parties
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I will usually bet my jacks if no one had moved yet, I want those K9 or A6 to fold (which they do not a lot at these stakes, but sometimes). I may limp in late position, but if I limp early I am folding to any bet bigger than my 3-4 BB anyway, so might as well make it first. I guess 2 1/2 BB would have served the same purpose tho, and saved me a small bet.

And I heard there are 3 ways to play jacks, ........... and they are all wrong.......

Looks like sometimes we make the same mistakes, the thing about flipping early with AK is that while you have a good hand you will get called with all sorts low to mid to high PPs, suited connectors, cards that have more straight potential etc. While this can be ok if you have knowledge of the players and can get away with it, I think your best off waiting untill the blinds are higher and less players are in and you have some reads or idea of how people are going to play. I cannot remember the last time I called an all in with AK in the early levels of a sng, I called a 3 way allin 1st hand with a few times and that was because I was on tilt lol.

In Collins book he gives us the basic right way to play for the micros while we try build our roll, tight at the begining, getting more active as we go, I would prob take a flip with no reads with AA and KK in the first few levels and thats it, the amount of people who will call with A-rag vs KK astounds me.

fletchdad

fletchdad

Jammin................
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Looks like sometimes we make the same mistakes, the thing about flipping early with AK is that while you have a good hand you will get called with all sorts low to mid to high PPs, suited connectors, cards that have more straight potential etc. While this can be ok if you have knowledge of the players and can get away with it, I think your best off waiting untill the blinds are higher and less players are in and you have some reads or idea of how people are going to play. I cannot remember the last time I called an all in with AK in the early levels of a sng, I called a 3 way allin 1st hand with a few times and that was because I was on tilt lol.

In Collins book he gives us the basic right way to play for the micros while we try build our roll, tight at the begining, getting more active as we go, I would prob take a flip with no reads with AA and KK in the first few levels and thats it, the amount of people who will call with A-rag vs KK astounds me.

Yep, it can be amazing.. (Posted in another thread about a raise and RR to all in and got a caller who flipped 2 4 os - this is no joke - and he took the three way all in pot against AK and 10 10....)

But back on subject. The low stakes games I play in - 1-3$ BI - make it so hard for me to decide early on to lay a good hand down w/o a read on villains, as so many of them shove with crap. If I know I am against a rock, I can lay down easier, but mainly I dont know.

I have read Collins book through twice now, and marked passages which I browse through time and again, and I stick to his advice pretty much, but the decision is never easy when I have, say, AK and get the all in to my raise, even harder when the all in comes from the button and I am in the blinds, I almost have to call, they WILL try to steal 30-60$s chips. I see so many multi way shoves with KJo, Axo, and worse. If I wasnt half bald already I would pull my hair out.....