C-bet

Fernando Lopes

Fernando Lopes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
every poker player has been through this situation.
You are in the dealer position with a good hand with potential. UTG raises 2bb and everyone folds, you 3-bet, small and big blind fold and utg calls. The flop comes with nothing helping you, low cards and no flush or straight potential. Your opponent makes a donk bet. What to do? Do you c-bet?

kon44

kon44

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Early on at the table unless it’s a player I’ve got history on I tend to let it go as it will more often than not give you more credibility later on when the blinds are higher. It’s also true that the donk bet is a feeler and a flat call if cheap gives you the option to bet if they check the turn to you which is a very frequent occurrence in cash... well, zoom cash mainly. Bearing in mind, there is a difference between the type of game your playing.

dannystanks

dannystanks

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
US
Chips
If the player is not very imaginative and they are new it’s an easy fold for me. Some players don’t fold to a raise here so you have to think on what your plan is on the turn.

I Live Poker

I Live Poker

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I didn't quite understand... how would you C-bet a donk bet, that's a re-raise.:unsure:
It is not possible to define a move so generically without the specific board, what style of player, stack depth, donk bet size, how often did you see him donk betting, what would be a good hand? an over pocket pair? or an air on a low rainbow board with your AJs+ hand...

R

Recreationalplayer

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Floating is a possibility. But it also increases variance and one should be ready to bluff later exploitatively.